Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

red textured bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 99
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4L
Default red textured bedliner

id like to bedliner my xj but i want to do it red and also like the look of liner that has a lot of texture. spray or roll doesnt matter. what brand and where can i get it. any pics with colored liner would be awsome (no black)
Old 12-16-2011, 08:27 PM

Speaking from experience go with U-Pol Raptor. I sprayed my whole tj. Did the interior all black and the outside I did copperhead orange. You make it what ever texture you want and comes with spray gun and everything needed except for whatever color of paint you choose. Best investment ever. It held up great thru its first wheeling season
Old 12-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000 Sport
Engine: 4.0

Herculiner puts out a good product, you can black, white, and the red your looking for. I've never used red but there black has keep me happy with a few uses
Old 12-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000 Sport

Is the link if you feel like reading up on. http://www.herculiner.com/product_info.html
Old 12-16-2011, 08:38 PM

Yea I did months of researching and looking before I did mine and after comparing the textures in person I chose raptor. It's not as rough but it's got a great texture.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:04 AM

Monstaliner from magnet paints, they have several colors to choose from, Check them out.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998

Monstaliner fo sho!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:14 AM

Year: 1989
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0L I6

speaking from experience [sprayed line-x for a couple years] it doesnt matter what product you use you can go as coarse or as smooth as you want its just a matter of product control.

If your going the spray method you throw down your base coat than dust it shortly afterwards[like a couple minutes]depending on dry time until you get your desired texture.

Roll/brush on is a little more difficult and not as good IMO as you just cant get that consistent texture that you will get with the spray but what i have found to work with the roll/brush application is again get your base coat down, let it dry then do another coat and dab or blotch it but like i said on a project of a vehicle size your gunna find it damn hard to get a good consistency.

As for color i would suggest getting a paintable product because if you dont you run the risk of your paint not bonding to the product or having a chemical reaction that may show up right away or in a day or two when the blisters and bubbles and peeling start and then your stuck with a mess, and a rule of thumb try to get a product that is the same tone as your paint so and keep in mind the color of the product you lay down will affect the finished paint color a white product will leave you with a lighter paint and a black will leave it darker so trying to find something thats similar to the final color makes it easier and will end up being closer to the color you wanted.

and alway do a test first before diving in so you know how to control everything once you start and how long it takes to set and so on.

Last edited by mud-dog27; 12-17-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 99
Engine: 4L

Where can i get a sray kit
Old 12-17-2011, 01:03 PM

id say you local parts store should have something
Old 12-18-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by bnkk
Where can i get a sray kit
The raptor liner comes with the spray gun and I'm not sure but you can get a texture paint gun for bed liners at harbor freight.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:23 PM

if you want some serious texture/grit you can get a spray nozzle that you attach a can of sand to and spray that on while the liner is still wet, ask around at a lowes/home depot the ones ive used were for spraying coarse sand on like decks or stairs, but how i explained earlier should give more than enough texture...that sand texture is pretty rough if you were to brush against it on bare skin
Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998

Originally Posted by SwampDonkey95
The raptor liner comes with the spray gun and I'm not sure but you can get a texture paint gun for bed liners at harbor freight.
dont get raptor liner thats what ive got now and it sucks, I had it done professionally too and its peeling off in places already (less than a year)
Old 12-19-2011, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by DMAXX

dont get raptor liner thats what ive got now and it sucks, I had it done professionally too and its peeling off in places already (less than a year)
That sux. That's the first complaint I've ever seen on the raptor lining. Did the same shop also do the prep work?? I spent about 10 hrs prepping because that's the key to any liner as to whether it sticks or not. I had one spot on a bumper about the size of a quarter come off on rocks but everywhere around it was just fine. Guessing it was a grease spot I missed. No ones fault but my own. Once I get my new floor boards welded in my xj I'm lining all of the inside with raptor as well.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:13 AM

its not going to be called a bedliner gun when you look for it in stores, it will be called a Shutz and or undercoating gun.

They have a couple versions forsale thru some of the better liner companys.

Quick Reply: red textured bedliner