Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.6L Stroker
Question Question about motor mounts

So I have brown dog motor mounts waiting to go in and I have been doing some measuring and comparing how much room I have and by what it looks like I could get away with the 1" lift mount instead and it would get my fan a little bit further away from the radiator and more lined up with it instead of a slant. But I have heard also I can do the same with a Manual XJ crossmember and basically achieve the same thing.

Has anyone used the 1" lift motor mounts on a 2 door XJ with an automatic? I would love to get the input on how it went because it seems like a good idea. Also if you have used a Manual Crossmember on a Auto, let me know how that worked out as well.

Basically just trying to get a feel on which way to go.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:47 AM

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.6L Stroker

So I searched the forums multiple times and went thru the results and it seems nobody has ever commented on the 1" motor mount lift and if they did it and google just pulls up sales and only TJ stuff. Along with a bunch of people saying "DONT DO IT". I may listen to that and just do the manual cross member to angle it done. Who knows it might just be because my motor and tranny mounts are completely shot that make the angle so evident with the fan to the radiator. So that leaves me with the option of the AX15 crossmember on a AW4. Anyone done that before instead of the ugly t-case drop?
Old 09-16-2014, 12:55 PM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

I put Brown dog mounts on about a year ago. I don't remember how close the fan may have been before but now there's plenty of room and nothing's at a weird angle. I don't know much about any of the other stuff you're thinking about but that's my two cents