Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

overhead console write up

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:05 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999.
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0, I6
Default overhead console write up

does anyone know how, or have a write up on how to wire an overhead console? i just picked one up for my 99. Thanks everyone.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:30 PM
CF Veteran

anyone? i dont have the time to filter though our search engine when it shows threads with every single one of the words you use to search. have just too much going on atm so can someone please help me? thanksss
Old 06-30-2011, 03:40 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1992
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Jeep+cherokee+o...nsole+write+up
Old 06-30-2011, 03:43 PM
CF Veteran

Haha just kidding...but seriously..If you wanna do the mod look it up, or figure it out on your own people. Who first do it have to do it that way..everyone else is just coping them.

This might help: (found it using google)

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoOverheadConsole.htm

Edit: after reread that i kinda sounded like a d*ck, I wasnt trying to be one. haha
Old 06-30-2011, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 99 sport
Engine: 4.0 i6

it is fairly simple as long as you have all the required parts.

1. OHC
2. hanging bracket
3. temp sensor
4. headliner cut out template from the jeep that had it on.( I just shipped mine to a member)

If I were you in case if your head liner looks bad just redo the whole thing.
Pull the headliner, remove the wiring harness that is there run the new one down the the a pilar and just plug everything back up. there is a write up on gojeep. It is for the older OHC but same concept. If you need any help I will do the best I can. Here is a pic of mine installed.

overhead console write up-004.jpg

overhead console write up-005.jpg
Old 06-30-2011, 08:47 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by XJUSMC
it is fairly simple as long as you have all the required parts.

1. OHC
2. hanging bracket
3. temp sensor
4. headliner cut out template from the jeep that had it on.( I just shipped mine to a member)

If I were you in case if your head liner looks bad just redo the whole thing.
Pull the headliner, remove the wiring harness that is there run the new one down the the a pilar and just plug everything back up. there is a write up on gojeep. It is for the older OHC but same concept. If you need any help I will do the best I can. Here is a pic of mine installed.

Attachment 54541

Attachment 54542
thanks your much more helpful and willing to take time outta your day to help someone who is learning as they go then zachs98 is. although he apologized hes the kinda member of this forum that makes some people choose other forums or to just not use one. isnt the meaning of this forum to help ppl? not mock them? just my .02 cents but again thanks man as i go i will PM you if needed if thats ok?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 99 sport
Engine: 4.0 i6

sure man I am here to
Old 07-02-2011, 08:26 AM
CF Veteran

Again after I reread it I saw that I sounded like a douche. And I didnt mean too, I too am learning as I go. Bad mouthing people in your post also makes people wanna leave the forum. By me saying 'i found it using google' was jsut letting you know that i dont know how good the source is..after I took time out of my day to look it up for you. And the 'her let me google that for you' was just a joke.. Lighten up, I didnt mean anything by it

But you should make a right up for it, since i couldnt find a really good one and them you could help out other people in your same position
Old 07-02-2011, 09:58 AM

Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by Zacks98
Again after I reread it I saw that I sounded like a douche. And I didnt mean too, I too am learning as I go. Bad mouthing people in your post also makes people wanna leave the forum. By me saying 'i found it using google' was jsut letting you know that i dont know how good the source is..after I took time out of my day to look it up for you. And the 'her let me google that for you' was just a joke.. Lighten up, I didnt mean anything by it

But you should make a right up for it, since i couldnt find a really good one and them you could help out other people in your same position
I agree, i was in the same situation a few months ago, and here in Mexico, people at some forums are very selfish, so i put all the "bad words" i know for those m.....f...rs, and then i subscribed here, and a lot of people came for helping and i really appreciated that!... unfortunately i couldn´t help u with your OH console, ´cause i fixed mine a few days ago, but my cherokee is´94 and i know the wire harness is not the same, and i didn´t take pictures of the processand i had to figure out by myself, how the rig works....anyway, is good to know you resolved your problem!cheers from Mexico!!