One Way LEDs - Jeep Cherokee Forum

Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.

One Way LEDs

Old 01-03-2019, 06:50 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Indy
Posts: 191
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0L L6 OHV 12V
Default One Way LEDs

Someone captured a star and placed it my XJ. Goodness.

I don’t work for One Way. Not paid by them. And over time things may change, I don’t know. Do LEDs dim over time?

Plugged in LED lights from One Way today. Incredible difference vs the incandescent lights. I wish I had access to a light meter. It would be interesting to see the difference.

Now I guess I have to worry about EMPs ��

Last edited by Rlmx; 01-04-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Rlmx is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 07:04 AM
  #2  
::CF Moderator::
 
cruiser54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Prescott, Az
Posts: 37,371
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0
Default

www.onewaylight.com is great. I have their LEDs in 4 Jeeps.
cruiser54 is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 07:33 AM
  #3  
CF Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,616
Default

Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
www.onewaylight.com is great. I have their LEDs in 4 Jeeps.
IMO great is an understatement. After I ordered their interior light set for my '00, overhead console, foot well lights, etc, they contacted me. Now I want to say that at least a year had gone by. They felt that some of the lights they sold me turned out to be not up to their standards. Offered to send me better replacements for free. To be clear they contacted me. I was not having any problems with the lights they offered to replace at that time. Can you buy lights on Ebay for less? Probably. With customer service like that I won't .
Ralph77 is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 07:52 AM
  #4  
::CF Moderator::
 
cruiser54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Prescott, Az
Posts: 37,371
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
IMO great is an understatement. After I ordered their interior light set for my '00, overhead console, foot well lights, etc, they contacted me. Now I want to say that at least a year had gone by. They felt that some of the lights they sold me turned out to be not up to their standards. Offered to send me better replacements for free. To be clear they contacted me. I was not having any problems with the lights they offered to replace at that time. Can you buy lights on Ebay for less? Probably. With customer service like that I won't .

Yep. No guesswork. Bulbs come in labelled packages as to application and everything.


I went with green.




cruiser54 is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 08:04 AM
  #5  
CF Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,616
Default

Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Yep. No guesswork. Bulbs come in labelled packages as to application and everything.I went with green.
If and when I ever go into my dashboard I will do my gauges in the white. One thing I am sorry about is that I did not think of them when I did all the LED's on the exterior. As you pointed out. No guesswork. Instead of me fighting with it to get them to work right.
Ralph77 is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 08:56 AM
  #6  
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: WV
Posts: 325
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default

I replaced the dash with LEDs and having the problem of the lights working sometimes and sometimes not. If I have them on for a while then turn them on the next day or two they all work. If it’s a while of not runnin them then a couple of them won’t work. What’s the deal? Do I need to go with this company to get better bulbs or are they all the same?
samiam is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 09:36 AM
  #7  
CF Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,616
Default

Originally Posted by samiam View Post
I replaced the dash with LEDs and having the problem of the lights working sometimes and sometimes not. If I have them on for a while then turn them on the next day or two they all work. If it’s a while of not runnin them then a couple of them won’t work. What’s the deal? Do I need to go with this company to get better bulbs or are they all the same?
I doubt this is the problem but here goes nothing. You do know that LED's have polarity. Only work when put in the right way. I like an idiot did not know this when dealing with LED's the first time. When I was putting the LED lights in my interior I was doing the vanity visors. They would work for a second and then not. Thinking there was a problem with the bulbs I contacted Jason at onewaylight. Who immediately got back to me and said he would send out new bulbs. I just so happened to post about it and somebody pointed out to me about the polarity. I went and tried and sure enough they worked. The thing that got me was that I put all the other bulbs in correctly without knowing this. Just dumb luck I guess. So as soon as I realized it was user error I contacted Jason to let him know. Fortunately he had not shipped out the replacement bulbs yet. But he would have, no questions asked, and this is why I like dealing with these guys.

So since yours kinda work wonder I wonder....... Since mine did work for a second despite putting them in the wrong way.
Ralph77 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
bradley13lucky
Jeep Builds
19
05-24-2012 07:03 AM
truckntractorhick
Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here
2
06-09-2010 09:06 PM
goldenlandscaping
Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here
13
04-01-2010 09:12 AM
iNanni
Fabrication & builders section.
5
10-21-2009 06:30 PM
bamorgan7
Off-Topic Discussion
5
11-27-2008 02:48 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: One Way LEDs


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: