Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Way LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 05:50 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L L6 OHV 12V
Default One Way LEDs

Someone captured a star and placed it my XJ. Goodness.

I don’t work for One Way. Not paid by them. And over time things may change, I don’t know. Do LEDs dim over time?

Plugged in LED lights from One Way today. Incredible difference vs the incandescent lights. I wish I had access to a light meter. It would be interesting to see the difference.

Now I guess I have to worry about EMPs ��

Last edited by Rlmx; 01-04-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:04 AM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,524 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0

www.onewaylight.com is great. I have their LEDs in 4 Jeeps.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:33 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1,530 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Year: 2000

Originally Posted by cruiser54
www.onewaylight.com is great. I have their LEDs in 4 Jeeps.
IMO great is an understatement. After I ordered their interior light set for my '00, overhead console, foot well lights, etc, they contacted me. Now I want to say that at least a year had gone by. They felt that some of the lights they sold me turned out to be not up to their standards. Offered to send me better replacements for free. To be clear they contacted me. I was not having any problems with the lights they offered to replace at that time. Can you buy lights on Ebay for less? Probably. With customer service like that I won't .
Old 01-04-2019, 06:52 AM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,524 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Year: 1990

Originally Posted by Ralph77
IMO great is an understatement. After I ordered their interior light set for my '00, overhead console, foot well lights, etc, they contacted me. Now I want to say that at least a year had gone by. They felt that some of the lights they sold me turned out to be not up to their standards. Offered to send me better replacements for free. To be clear they contacted me. I was not having any problems with the lights they offered to replace at that time. Can you buy lights on Ebay for less? Probably. With customer service like that I won't .

Yep. No guesswork. Bulbs come in labelled packages as to application and everything.

I went with green.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:04 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by cruiser54
Yep. No guesswork. Bulbs come in labelled packages as to application and everything.I went with green.
If and when I ever go into my dashboard I will do my gauges in the white. One thing I am sorry about is that I did not think of them when I did all the LED's on the exterior. As you pointed out. No guesswork. Instead of me fighting with it to get them to work right.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:56 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee(XJ)

I replaced the dash with LEDs and having the problem of the lights working sometimes and sometimes not. If I have them on for a while then turn them on the next day or two they all work. If it’s a while of not runnin them then a couple of them won’t work. What’s the deal? Do I need to go with this company to get better bulbs or are they all the same?
Old 01-04-2019, 08:36 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by samiam
I replaced the dash with LEDs and having the problem of the lights working sometimes and sometimes not. If I have them on for a while then turn them on the next day or two they all work. If it’s a while of not runnin them then a couple of them won’t work. What’s the deal? Do I need to go with this company to get better bulbs or are they all the same?
I doubt this is the problem but here goes nothing. You do know that LED's have polarity. Only work when put in the right way. I like an idiot did not know this when dealing with LED's the first time. When I was putting the LED lights in my interior I was doing the vanity visors. They would work for a second and then not. Thinking there was a problem with the bulbs I contacted Jason at onewaylight. Who immediately got back to me and said he would send out new bulbs. I just so happened to post about it and somebody pointed out to me about the polarity. I went and tried and sure enough they worked. The thing that got me was that I put all the other bulbs in correctly without knowing this. Just dumb luck I guess. So as soon as I realized it was user error I contacted Jason to let him know. Fortunately he had not shipped out the replacement bulbs yet. But he would have, no questions asked, and this is why I like dealing with these guys.

So since yours kinda work wonder I wonder....... Since mine did work for a second despite putting them in the wrong way.