Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with long arm build

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Need help with long arm build

ok heres the deal. I have built everything on my jeep except the suspension lift. I'm great at welding. I just want to make sure I get the right measurments. I have a 7inch lift on now and no control arms. i need some. Ok I want to build them soon. If anyone on here has built some for around the same size lift please give me some info.

I need the right measurments for lowers and uppers. I'm going to attach the uppers to the lower arms. i have made the bracket made up already. Just need the measurments for the arms. And info on were to get the parts to build them. I have the tubing already. I have 72 inches of square tubing. Thats what I want to use. This info would help me a lot.

Anybody?
Old 07-23-2011, 10:09 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 92
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

just mock up the axle where you want to sit at ride height and mock up the frame side bracket and measure from there.

there is no standard measurement for 7" of lift. just make sure both the UCA and LCA are adjustable so you can tweak the caster if needed and make axle placement adjustments.

and look to ballistic fabrication, or poly performance for all the builder parts you will need.