Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Identifying a Lift / And other items / Pics Included

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Need Help Identifying a Lift / And other items / Pics Included

So, I'm hoping I can get get some help figuring all this out. I apologize for the long post in advance. I just want to get all of the information I have on the table upfront.

I was looking to purchase a new 3" lift and slowly start working on a low COG setup, but I recently ran across a lightly used lift on Craigslist and went ahead and picked it up. Although it changed my plans, I think it was well worth the money

I know parts of this kit should be from an RC lift. The guy I bought it from said there was a RC sticker (assuming on shock) when he bought the Jeep it came on. He said the kit is atleast 4.5", but also maybe closer to 5".

Here is a quick run down of what I picked up. If its not worth putting on the Jeep, I know I could part the kit for well more than what I paid for it.

The rundown:
4.5" Coil springs - I don't think these are RC. They are black and not their usual gray color

Leaf Springs with Shackles - The shackles are definitely RC. I could tell by how they are made. I'm not sure if if this was an AAL kit or full leaf pack. I included a picture of where the leaf packs are bound together to see if anyone can tell. I could not find any pt# on the pack as I have not cleaned these yet.

LCA's - These are non adjustable LCA's. Definitely look like an RC part
Adjustable UCA's - Look like RC as well.
Adjustable trackbar - Also looks like RC as well.
Drop Pitman Arm - Unsure

The guy also had the shocks and a steering stabilizer as well. One of the shocks was blown and would not rebound at all when compressed. Two were still good but another was slow to rebound. I scrapped the shocks and the steering stabilizer and will purchase new ones.

The guy also threw in a OEM front driveshaft as well and a replacement electric fan.

All the hardware was included as well. U bolts, leaf spring bolts, LCA bolts, etc etc.

Things missing from the kit or needing to be replaced:
--As mentioned, the shocks and steering stabilizer will be replaced.
--Looks like the joint on the trackbar needs to be replaced.
--The grease fittings for both sets of control arms were broken. I have already removed these and have new one that fit. Also took about the adjustable UCA's and removed the bushings in the LCA to clean out and mud or dirt and regrease.
--Also need a transfer case drop down as well. This was still on his Jeep that he forgot about. No big deal here. I have some spare square tubing sitting around I can cut to fit.

Even though I scrapped the shocks and steering stabilizer, I got everything else for the kit, including a replace front DS and a extra electric fan for $250. Not a bad deal. He also had an almost new set (90% tread) of 32X11.50's for another $150. The are Nankang Mudstars, but I figured what the hell, I will run them on the stock wheels for now, until I get rims and 4.88's for the 35" Mickey Thompsons I have.

All in all, I picked up all of the lift stuff, scrapped some of it, and set of 32's for $400 bucks.

Anyway here is the pics I have of the lift stuff. If anyone could tell me if the leafs or AAL's for full packs and possibly who the coils are made by. If anyone also has any input of anything that might be missing, please let me know.

Thanks again!
SAM

Old 01-27-2014, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

Anyone have anything?

Really just looking to know if anyone can pinpoint if this was an AAL setup or full leaf packs. I will keep checking for some numbers when I clean them up.