Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leveling kit question

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling kit question

Alright guys, 99 Cherokee 3 in lift 31 in tires. I'm ordering a set of
Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 31 tires to replace my current ATs. Now while i was wondering the wonderful world of amazon i came across a 1.75 in leveling kit. Could i slap these on the front on the front just for the extra beefiness? would i have to drop the transfer case?
Old 08-10-2014, 07:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Leveling kits are nothing more than spacers, and they add no beef at all.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by SeriousOffroad
Leveling kits are nothing more than spacers, and they add no beef at all.
You're telling me that if i put a 1 3/4 inch block in the front springs it's not going to come up at all...
Old 08-10-2014, 08:14 PM
CF Veteran

Reread my post please.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 PM

Sorry I replaced lifting with "beefiness" not sure why you're being all up-tight about it. Does anyone else care chime in on this?
Old 08-10-2014, 09:26 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

Coil spacers do exactly what they are intended for. As for the tcase question we don't know.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:51 PM
CF Veteran

No one is uptight. You simply need to use the same terminology and definitions as the rest of the wheeling community.
It's not to much to ask or too difficult to do.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:07 PM

No one is uptight. You simply need to use the same terminology and definitions as the rest of the wheeling community. It's not to much to ask or too difficult to do.
Sir to be honest you're being a jerk, please lay off. Thanks for the reply 97xj does anyone know about the transfer case?
Old 08-10-2014, 10:20 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Originally Posted by Topher9545
Sir to be honest you're being a jerk, please lay off. Thanks for the reply 97xj does anyone know about the transfer case?
Hmmm...you are fairly new to the site, and you come in with this attitude? Serious is a well respected member here. You will get more flies with honey than vinegar my friend. As for your transfercase, you won't really know until you do it. If you have driveline vibes, you'll need to do an sye or drop. Also, just lifting the front? Any particular reason for wanting 4.5 in front and only 3" in back?
Old 08-10-2014, 11:02 PM

On my 05LJ because of heavy smittybuilt bumper and h2o winch i put rubicon express 1-3/4" spacers upfront and it leveled out the jeep and it looked good to, no vibes but I had a rubicon and it has a fixed rear yoke from the factory... It it had a 4" lift with the spacers and it sat perfectly level... That is the only reason I ran them to help level out the jeep cause it sat low in the front with bump and winch combo...
Old 08-11-2014, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by roninofako
Hmmm...you are fairly new to the site, and you come in with this attitude? Serious is a well respected member here. You will get more flies with honey than vinegar my friend. As for your transfercase, you won't really know until you do it. If you have driveline vibes, you'll need to do an sye or drop. Also, just lifting the front? Any particular reason for wanting 4.5 in front and only 3" in back?
Sits slightly lower in the front so I just thought these leveling blocks would level it out. I also just thought this was a respectable place to get information, usually pretty helpful. I was unaware of the pecking order of keyboard warriors and I'm not sure why the word "beefiness" really offended someone. And I wasn't trying to give anyone attitude ronino I just thought someone was out of line and politely asked him to lay off... Nothing more.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:42 AM
CF Veteran

You keep throwing out the word "offended" when you are the only one bothered by answer to your question.

There's no pecking order, just a decent group of people willing to offer help at ZERO cost to you. All you have to do is ask a question that makes sense and use the proper terminology.

No one here is a mind-reader, so applying your own definitions and catch-phrases is not going to get you any sort of decent response.

There's no need to reply, I'm fairly certain all of us know what your response will be anyway.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:48 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by Topher9545
Sits slightly lower in the front so I just thought these leveling blocks would level it out. I also just thought this was a respectable place to get information, usually pretty helpful. I was unaware of the pecking order of keyboard warriors and I'm not sure why the word "beefiness" really offended someone. And I wasn't trying to give anyone attitude ronino I just thought someone was out of line and politely asked him to lay off... Nothing more.
Politely asked him to lay off? Lol ya sure that's what you did, don't mind the fact that you called him out as a jerk?!
If you're coming into a forum, at least know the correct words, and don't get butt hurt just because someone was trying to help and correct the mistake you made. Get over it and move on
Old 08-11-2014, 07:52 AM

You keep throwing out the word "offended" when you are the only one bothered by answer to your question. There's no pecking order, just a decent group of people willing to offer help at ZERO cost to you. All you have to do is ask a question that makes sense and use the proper terminology. No one here is a mind-reader, so applying your own definitions and catch-phrases is not going to get you any sort of decent response. There's no need to reply, I'm fairly certain all of us know what your response will be anyway.
I'm not sure what you mean by that last part but okay... No more using the word beefy as that is never been used by someone driving a jeep... Moving forward, ron I'm unfamiliar with a "sye" is could you fill me in please?
Old 08-11-2014, 08:08 AM
CF Veteran

SYE=Slip Yoke Eliminator.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/o...l-read-426483/

Quick Reply: Leveling kit question