Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Led Driving light fuse issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 12:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l
Default Led Driving light fuse issue

So idk what is going on every 3 months i blow a fuse for my lights, i have them going to a relay and then a fused link to the battery for power and all that good stuff it was fine but every once in a while i keep blowing the 20 amp fuse, I see no problems anywhere that would warrant it, Nothing grounding out, shorting out or what and im positive its very water proof as i used shrink tubing for connectors and such and the switch inside is grounded well and not shorting out what can be the issue? i had to move the relay at one point because it got very corroded mounted to the side near the battery ground but i replaced and has been good since despite the fuse issue. Only suspected thing i can think of is when i go in very deep water like up to the bumper the led lights stay on dimly for a good hour but fixes itself when i turn the lights on a few times or letting something dry out. I have a ground for the lights both connected to a section of the bumper. would that be an issue?