Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Bulb Upgrade (2000)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Inline-6
Default LED Bulb Upgrade (2000)

Hi guys, just thought I'd show off these LEDs I put in my 2000, don't yet have the ones for the gauge cluster as I ordered the wrong type and also need to get different ones for the climate control as they don't have the proper beam angle, other than that they turned out pretty sweet!
Old 05-29-2016, 06:30 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1,530 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Thanks. Appreciate the part #'s. I am just toying with doing the courtesy lights in my '00. Do have a question though. You did not show an under the dash light on the driver's side. I saw a similar post where the guy said it was an '00 and showed a light there. Every once in awhile it pops into my head and I crawl under there and look for it for about 10 seconds. Pretty sure it doesn't exist but then again I might be missing it. I am not to bright sometimes. Do you have one there in your '00?
Old 05-29-2016, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ralph77
Thanks. Appreciate the part #'s. I am just toying with doing the courtesy lights in my '00. Do have a question though. You did not show an under the dash light on the driver's side. I saw a similar post where the guy said it was an '00 and showed a light there. Every once in awhile it pops into my head and I crawl under there and look for it for about 10 seconds. Pretty sure it doesn't exist but then again I might be missing it. I am not to bright sometimes. Do you have one there in your '00?
The one on the drivers side is right beside the OBD 2 port and had a little cover over top of it held on with 1 bolt. Watch out though I know I said it's a type 194 bulb in the video and everywhere online I can find does, but it has a circle base on it. I'll edit this post once I figure out the type

Last edited by 95cherokee96; 05-29-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:08 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 95cherokee96
The one on the drivers side is right beside the OBD 2 port and had a little cover over top of it held on with 1 bolt. Watch out though I know I said it's a type 194 bulb in the video and everywhere online I can find does, but it has a circle base on it. I'll edit this post once I figure out the type
Thanks. Finally got around to crawling under the dash. I am not to bright sometimes. Saw that dome and never even occurred to me that is where the bulb is. The dome on my passenger side has always been missing apparently cause I was able to twist the one from the driver's side on. The driver's side is yellowed and has a little burnt spot on it. Now I have to find 2 domes in better shape in the boneyard. OCD is a b@#$h.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: '98
Engine: 4.0 I6

Any issues with the rear turn signals?
I threw LED brake and turn signal bulbs in, but the turn signals illuminated slightly when the brakes are applied.

Basically makes the yellow turn signal indicator "glow" when I am braking. I do have a Novita electronic flasher which did get rid of any hyperflash, but the voltage bleed issue for the rear turn signals was just strange.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:56 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 95cherokee96
I work at a Napa. Best I can tell the under the dash bulbs are either a 67, slightly lower wattage, or 97 slightly higher wattage. The ones in there are GE's and say 359 on them. Can't find anything online and the GE # will not cross in the computer at work. Really just want to buy this but they are out of stock.

http://www.onewaylight.com/1998-2001...me-lamp-model/
Old 06-03-2016, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ralph77
I work at a Napa. Best I can tell the under the dash bulbs are either a 67, slightly lower wattage, or 97 slightly higher wattage. The ones in there are GE's and say 359 on them. Can't find anything online and the GE # will not cross in the computer at work. Really just want to buy this but they are out of stock.

http://www.onewaylight.com/1998-2001...me-lamp-model/
There we go that's the bulb I was lookin for. They're actually who I bought a set from (on eBay) but the overhead console version (no dome bulb, 4 individual bulbs) because I had also purchased an overhead console but the computer in it ended up not working so I'm stuck with the stock bulb in the dome light, looks pretty silly with all the others being LED
Old 06-03-2016, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by investinwaffles
Any issues with the rear turn signals?
I threw LED brake and turn signal bulbs in, but the turn signals illuminated slightly when the brakes are applied.

Basically makes the yellow turn signal indicator "glow" when I am braking. I do have a Novita electronic flasher which did get rid of any hyperflash, but the voltage bleed issue for the rear turn signals was just strange.
Have had them in for a bit now and haven't seen that issue. I got my electronic flasher straight off superbrightleds.com when I bought the bulbs, not sure what brand it is but everytime the signals turn off it "ticks" 1 or 2 extra times but the bulb doesn't flash