Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaf spring questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6
Default Leaf spring questions

So after swapping my axle my axle wrap problem got a lot worse. Iv been rolling on OEM 200K+ mile leafs with a small AAL and 2 in shackles to net me just under 3.5" of suspension lift. Toss in the 33s and 8.8 and I get a few more inches of actual lift. I really like the height I'm at and the flex I get with the worn leafs but I really need new not completely toast leafs to try to control some serous axle wrap. Iv kinda settled on the OME 2" leafs just because they are only 2 in of lift where everyone else only goes down to 3.5 inches. My question is do I buy the Light, medium, or heavy duty leaf packs? Im thinking the heavy because I can pull out the extra leaf they install to call it heavy duty but what do you guys think? they all cost $119 on quadratec. do you have any other brands I should look into? I dont really have any extra weight in the rear of the rig just the usual full tank of gas, spare tire, crate of fluids, tool kit, and a small sub.

thanks for the help guys
Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

in for responses. I've been reading around about ome leafs for a bit and pretty much have my mind made up on medium duty but would like to hear what the latest opinions are.