Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Infinity Amp with Aftermarket Radio HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: L6 4.0
Question Infinity Amp with Aftermarket Radio HELP PLEASE

------ Infinity sound system with Aftermarket Head Unit ------ I NEED HELP PLEASE. I have a 2001 cherokee with an infinity amp in the rear seat and I'm trying to get my sound system to work. I bought my jeep with no radio installed and I can't get ANY sound to come out of the speakers no matter how I wire it. I can't even get static.I followed this wiring guide https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/...ere-1280158/My radio turns on, it finds a radio frequency and I can see the equalizer moving, but I don't hear a single sound from anything. It seems at one point the previous owner bypassed the amp but he cut all the wires when he took his radio out and there are random speaker wires in the dash. I'm wondering if the speakers are even connected to the factory harness at this point.I will attach two crappy pictures of the wires I have. The radio only has wires for the speakers, ground, ACC, antenna, ignition.Sorry I don't know much about all this so I'm not even sure if the amp is getting power or anything

Old 04-24-2019, 06:27 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Going to have to pull the speakers and check. Worse case you pull some new wires to them. Not too difficult to fish wires around an XJ IMO.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 277 Likes on 243 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L

I have the same set up you do I just got the adapter plug and wired it up and it all worked . The wiring to the drivers door was broken fixed that and it all works . my wiring was not cut up it was all in good shape .