Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you have used this kit, give me feedback?

Old 11-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default If you have used this kit, give me feedback?

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-sus...it-633xn2.html

I know some people will gripe and **** and moan.. but i want to hear the good and the bad if you have personally used this kit.

thank you for your time
Old 11-29-2014, 02:44 PM
Beach Bum

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 2000 WJ
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

One thing to consider, the leaf springs give 4.5" lift on stock shackles. Would be better to get extended shackles and 3.5" leafs.
Also, the wedge on leaf springs usually goes with a SYE rather than a TC drop.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SteveMongr
One thing to consider, the leaf springs give 4.5" lift on stock shackles. Would be better to get extended shackles and 3.5" leafs. Also, the wedge on leaf springs usually goes with a SYE rather than a TC drop.
well I'll have to look at just swapping springs then. Thanks for that! Also, it's a 2wd at the moment so I won't have to worry about TC drop or SYE.. Should've mentioned that earlier.. LOL
Old 11-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Banned

One thing to consider, the leaf springs give 4.5" lift on stock shackles. Would be better to get extended shackles and 3.5" leafs. Also, the wedge on leaf springs usually goes with a SYE rather than a TC drop.
would it be ok if I went with a set of stock size shackles but a set of HD ones? Quadratec has a set for like $99
Old 11-29-2014, 03:03 PM
Beach Bum

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 2000 WJ
Model: Grand Cherokee

The driveshaft could still protest the new angle, new u-joints would help.

The purpose of longer shackles (1" lift) is to allow the higher arched spring to articulate more and flatten out more. As the spring flattens it gets longer. The stock shackle can limit that.
Iron Rock Offroad has nice shackles.
And SeriousOffroad.
Not the 'Q' place..
Old 11-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Banned

The driveshaft could still protest the new angle, new u-joints would help. The purpose of longer shackles (1" lift) is to allow the higher arched spring to articulate more and flatten out more. As the spring flattens it gets longer. The stock shackle can limit that. Iron Rock Offroad has nice shackles. And SeriousOffroad. Not the 'Q' place..
I replaced U-joints about a year ago so they should be ok.. I'll look into those shackles then! Thanks it's really appreciated
Old 11-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Banned

Completely forgot I had these ... Do You think the lift would look silly if i used these shackles and the 4.5 leafs that come with the kit for a while until I can afford the new 3.5 springs?
Attached Thumbnails If you have used this kit, give me feedback?-image-3815306660.jpg  
Old 11-29-2014, 06:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the 4.5 kit on my zj, the only thing that was a wash is the shocks, total crap...lasted less than a year, all the other parts were decent...

Me personally I would not spend that on that kit... I would rather get a long arm upgrade kit, find some springs and do a bastard pack with a shackle for that price.....
Old 11-29-2014, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mrshaft696
i have the 4.5 kit on my zj, the only thing that was a wash is the shocks, total crap...lasted less than a year, all the other parts were decent... Me personally I would not spend that on that kit... I would rather get a long arm upgrade kit, find some springs and do a bastard pack with a shackle for that price.....
I would love to do a long arm kit, but the problem is I'm in college and it's mainly going to be a DD. but you think it'll be ok if I use different shocks?
Old 11-29-2014, 06:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i was in college i wouldn't buy that kit, the shocks in that kit are the upgraded rc shocks which are probably ok....

this is my opinion only...

4.5 inches can be attained much cheaper than that I would rather piece the lift together & search craigslist & the jeep forums for parts if i was poor, like i am....
Old 11-29-2014, 07:24 PM

Year: 1993

If u just want to lift it and don't care about ride quality buy there 4.5 lift with just Lower control arms. For like 450. If u want something that will last and you won't regret in a year wait, save up, buy better lift with long arms because at that hieght your control arm angle is out the window, and I doubt u wanna buy a second lift. I've made my mistakes went cheap regretted it and cost more in the end.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dgk2day1
If u just want to lift it and don't care about ride quality buy there 4.5 lift with just Lower control arms. For like 450. If u want something that will last and you won't regret in a year wait, save up, buy better lift with long arms because at that hieght your control arm angle is out the window, and I doubt u wanna buy a second lift. I've made my mistakes went cheap regretted it and cost more in the end.
if I buy the 450 kit I still need brake lines, and a tracbar with disconnects. It's about the same price as the other kit
Old 11-29-2014, 07:53 PM

I had that kit you relocate trac bar mpunting point so u don't need trac bar also sway bar discos you don't need but if u want them you can make them with 5 dollars and a trip to home depot with the links that come in the cheaper kit and you don't need brake lines I'm at 6.5 currently and I still have stook brake lines but I'm the 4.5 lift shocks in the front still so long story short you don't need any of those
Old 11-29-2014, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by OneWheelWonder
if I buy the 450 kit I still need brake lines, and a tracbar with disconnects. It's about the same price as the other kit
^^^^^
Old 11-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dgk2day1
I had that kit you relocate trac bar mpunting point so u don't need trac bar also sway bar discos you don't need but if u want them you can make them with 5 dollars and a trip to home depot with the links that come in the cheaper kit and you don't need brake lines I'm at 6.5 currently and I still have stook brake lines but I'm the 4.5 lift shocks in the front still so long story short you don't need any of those
I won't need brake lines? I've always been told I will

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If you have used this kit, give me feedback?