Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hopping on the Currie johnny joint bandwagon...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0 L
Default Hopping on the Currie johnny joint bandwagon...

So I installed a RC 4.5" X-Series lift on my XJ about 6 months ago. Within a few hundred miles I started hearing some clunking in the front. It was the middle of winter when it started and I didn't want to mess with rebuilding or replacing the joints until this spring. I decided instead of rebuilding these with RC internals that I would order Currie JJs for both the UCAs and LCAs and get it over with. I've read nothing but great reviews on them.

I had read of issues with RC's previous version of flex joints but hadn't seen any reviews or feedback on the updated version over the last couple years. When I searched, the last threads I could find were from 2011.

Has anyone had personal experience with these flex joints in the past couple of years since they "upgraded" their joints? I know everyone has their opinion on RC, but I'm strictly looking for feedback from people who have personally used these and what their experience was.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

I had the RC flex joints back in 2013. I ran them for 8 months before going to long arms. They worked fine but when I took them off, they were shot. We recently got currie JJ's for the rear upper control arms for my wife's TJ. Direct fit and they work great. But the shank on the JJ's is very short compared to the RC joint.(at least on our rear uppers. So if you have your control arms adjusted out very far. That could pose a problem.