Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help 911

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default help 911

Here is the deal. I have a cherokee se had a 2.5. Now has a 4.0ho in it. Got it to run. Yes I have the right odb1 computer with the 5speed trans. I pull only one code. 54 which is a no cam sensor. I unplug the pick up off the distributor base and it does not start. Plug it back in and does start. nore does the tac on the dash work. Need help bad on how to get her running. Rig is a 1994 with 3.5 lift and ar15 rims. Also has 31" baja claws.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Year: 1989 xj sport 2dr
Engine: 12 hole bosch Injectors

did you get the under hood harness off the other vechicle
Old 03-28-2011, 06:21 PM

yes I did score one from a cherokee that had a 5psd. Think I paid 25 bucks or something like that. Got a good hook up at the local bone yard. She will idle up and down. Hit the gas and she wants to die out. All my gauges are working but my tac. This is what is stopping me from going down the road. I have tried two different pick up under the cap. Same thing as before. No tac at all. The computer doesn't know what really to do with out it. Got me scraching my head...... I have also have the 231 up and in all hooked up. ax15 is also hooked up. Got the ox, crank sensor and all others.... Got me kind of sitting back scratching my head.... WTF
Old 04-02-2011, 07:45 PM

Default found it....

Here is a odd problem. The information was hard to find. Here it is. I had to take the fly wheel of my other engine and clutch. No big deal right.... yea sure as you would think. Well I came off a remanned engine. There is 2 shoulder bolts use for alignment. If you have only threaded ones. Then you can bolt the fly wheel how ever you feel. With the shoulder bolts. There are 2 that are just a little off. Never would see it by eye. The timing of the crank sensor and cam sensor doesn't match to spec. So you will get no tac and pull a 54 code.... lmao.... yup the fun one that can be over looked...