Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

General Questions, AC, Horn

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6
Default General Questions, AC, Horn

Good Evening,

1995 Jeep Cherokee XJ
106,000 Miles
Manual Windows and Manual Doors
Nates Bumpers and 2'' Lift with full HD Leafs

Anyway hope that background info helps...

Issue #1 HORN

I press my horn button and you barely hear it and at times you do not even hear it. I am assuming since the nates bumper exposes them (the horns) more the wetness has damaged them. Is my assumption correct or are they bad and I should just replace with new or if not new is there a louder horn one can buy, but one that is not obscene.

Issue #2 involves my AC.

It is factory 134A. Anyway at times when on it would cut off if I hit a bump, or just randomly not turn on then I would be driving and it would go on. When it acted up, there was No blower motor, nada. Other individuals stated I needed new controls.

So I was going to hit the junkyard up and get a new On/Off, Cold hot switcher. Does this occur often? Is it something I can fix or look at and see it is bad before I would buy one.

Like I said it blew cold, but at time would just randomly not turn on and when it would not turn on the blower motor was off too, it was like it was dead. You did hear a hiss at time when sliding from cold to hot ect, but now blow.

Anyway I plan to hit the local LKQ and grab what I need but I am looking for suggestions on what I may want to grab and what I may expect to pay. I live in Florida so AC is nice especially since the Compressor is good, it did blow cold and I live in Florida...

Thanks and if anyone is in Central Florida and wants to hit yards tomorrow let me know...
Old 07-20-2013, 05:11 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0I

Check your vacuum connections on the back of the climate control panel. If their good and you get another climate control panel and hook it up good and it still doesn't work right then you should check for problems in the vacuum line
Old 07-20-2013, 07:12 AM

Year: 1991
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.7 Stroker, 99 intake

If you want to replace your horns the Hella 003399803 Supertone 2 tone horns are excellent. Louder than stock but sound really good. About $50.