Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Fuel Pressure Regulator

Hi, guys
had an issue today of a failing fuel pressure regulator, now that's the second one this year which is pretty weird. The way it seems to fail is that the diaphragm breaks and the vac line sucks fuel into the air intake and then of course floods the cylinders. I did upgrade the injectors to the neon type to get better spray pattern and changed the intake manifold to the 96 model, however I still have been running the stock FPR. I will put in the adjustable FPR from HESCO after Xmas, but I'd like some insight on possible causes from you guys before another one goes.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:59 AM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,526 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Jens Kleen
Hi, guys
had an issue today of a failing fuel pressure regulator, now that's the second one this year which is pretty weird. The way it seems to fail is that the diaphragm breaks and the vac line sucks fuel into the air intake and then of course floods the cylinders. I did upgrade the injectors to the neon type to get better spray pattern and changed the intake manifold to the 96 model, however I still have been running the stock FPR. I will put in the adjustable FPR from HESCO after Xmas, but I'd like some insight on possible causes from you guys before another one goes.
Have you ever tested your fuel pressure?