Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front bumper mounts bent to hell...trying to install tie-in brackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 09:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 91
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Front bumper mounts bent to hell...trying to install tie-in brackets

So I have a problem. For reasons beyond my knowledge, the front bumper mounts are bent into the frame. I've just received my tie in brackets from JCR, and I need these to be in their original position in order to install them.

Any tips on how to resolve this? They are in pretty rough shape...

I doubt this is an option, and a stupid question - but how necessary are those mounts once the brackets are bolted in?

Thanks!

Front bumper mounts bent to hell...trying to install tie-in brackets-img_0091.jpg
Front bumper mounts bent to hell...trying to install tie-in brackets-img_0092.jpg
Front bumper mounts bent to hell...trying to install tie-in brackets-img_0093.jpg
Front bumper mounts bent to hell...trying to install tie-in brackets-img_0094.jpg
Old 10-07-2013, 06:57 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

Piece of plate on side and a BFH. I had a similar issue on mine and I just loosely put the front L and the main bracket on. Then I hit with the impact and it synched right down.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:12 PM

Year: 91
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by THEBIGWHITEONE
Piece of plate on side and a BFH. I had a similar issue on mine and I just loosely put the front L and the main bracket on. Then I hit with the impact and it synched right down.
I think that's the way to go. The last thing I want is to lower the structural integrity of these mounts. Thanks for the help!