Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detroit true trac up front

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: flux capacitor
Default Detroit true trac up front

Anyone have one of these?? How well are their street manners on snowy/icy roads in 2wd/4wd? I'm going to run a detroit locker in the rear and would like a lil something up front but I dont want to deal with the harshness of a full locker up there + dealing with broken u joints all the time.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:39 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L with throttle body spacer and cold air intake, bored throttle body, #784 injector upgrade

Have one up front and love it. It functions smoothly and will work on any surface. Street wise it's quite and easy. In 2wd you don't know it's there at all. No change in manners. In 4wd it is the same until you lose traction on one side then you get a small tug ( I do atleast ) to the side that has traction and then away you go. It is not a locker and does not fully lock. So if you are going to go wheeling and want your front end to lock up completely then this is not what you are looking for. When I wheel there is only been one or two times where I could have used a locker and that still would have not made a major difference. I would get another if I had a second jeep. I would recommend it.