Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Death Wobble after adding 2" to front

Old 08-19-2018, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Death Wobble after adding 2" to front

I am a new poster here but not new to the forum. This place is a wealth of info! I have two 2000 XJ's one is almost stock with a 2 inch lift that my daughter drives and one I recently bought that came with a 3- 3.5 inch OME lift (shocks, stabilizer and springs) and new 31 inch tires.

Tonight I finally got around to adjusting the XJ with the OME lift to bring the front up to match the back with 2" coil spacers. It was not level in the front and I plan on adding a larger bumper and winch in the future. After adding the 2" spacers in the front I drove the jeep and experienced the death wobble for the first time on the interstate at about 60mph. I understand now why it can be explained, but must be experienced to truly know how scary it is. Before adding the 2' in front, the Jeep drove perfectly at 75mph with no issues. I have been driving it daily like that. My Question is where should I go now? All steering components seem tight and the TC has a 1" drop. Should I just toss parts at the front end? Would a SYE possibly fix this?