Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cross over or t steering , getting confused

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 ho
Default cross over or t steering , getting confused

hope i put this in the right spot

ok as it states my brain is full of too much stuff and choices and i thought this forum would be my best bet other then one other you guys seem to know or have done any mod to a xj
ok my question is to go high steer or not and what kind ,
since i had to change gears and i had a set of rieds with arms sitting there i thought to see what it would look like , well they stayed on lol was going to sell / not now ,
what i have :
95 xj
6" lift
rear 8.8
front wagy 44
ried knuckles and arms

cost affective witch way should i go and witch is better
full cross over
inverted T
weld in tube adapters or treaded dom
some pics of where im at , what i was thinking if i go cross over is drag link as normal then cross over from under side of arms with offset tie rods due to being so close to springs ,
or should i do drag to arm and leave cross over on lower arm ?
Name:  IMG_2106.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  180.7 KBName:  IMG_2109.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  184.2 KBName:  IMG_2107.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  134.1 KBName:  IMG_2108.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  158.4 KB

thanks for any info , oh i know i will have to move the track bar i have a idea on the part but also if there is a better cheep track bar you guys recommend ,
Name:  IMG_2111.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  128.3 KB
Old 02-18-2013, 09:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0, bolt ons for days...

full crossover is best IMHO. you'll get the best steering feel. you'll need to relocate your trackbar after you change your setup.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine: 4.0 ho

ok full cross it is but what would be better just to get kit with all parts and weld in bungs or get the rod drilled and tapped for the tie rod ends ? and spring clearance should i go the way i was thinking under mount cross over with off set tie rods and top mount drag link ? i see a lot of people doing it otk but if i do at lock to lock it will ride on my springs ,in my pics you can see i dont have too much room from steering to springs , what im doing is i bought this rig as is , bad head gasket , put new head on and drove it now as thing break or wear out im replacing with better , stronger and cleaning up loose ends , i blew the amc20 so now i have the 8.8 it has waggy 44 front witch i like just have to fix steering so i had the knuckles so high steer it better then whats in it , waggy steering but instead of building a draglink he took the waggy one and welded the stock xj piman tie rod to the waggy draglink , so clean it up and make it better , i have bad death wobble any thing over 50 k , and if i hit any rutts on pavement i get pulled all over the road like im drunk lol and to move the track bar properly it looks like i have to remove my track bar drop then put in a axle track bar relocate ? am i thinking right ? sorry if i sound dumb at this stuff , i am , at why things are done the way they are but i can do the work and do all my own work , im just looking for proper guidance or opinions on the better way it could be done or not that i want to copy what you guys did but maybe because you guys have done it and found what works best , thats why i ask so many questions

thanks so for i have made up my mind on cross over but now the rest lol