Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Control Arms and Lift

Old 12-25-2011, 01:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Control Arms and Lift

Ok I have been contemplating going up in my lift. I am Running a 3" Rustys Springpack lift and have been happy thus far. However with plans to add rock sliders and looking for a tad bit more clearance I am going to add a 1.75" spacer and shackle to boost my XJ. In doing this I decided it would be a good idea to upgrade my control arms as well stocks arms.....They just suck. I was looking to go to Long arms but happened to score an amazing deal on some RE upper and Lower control arms for $175 for all four so I could not pass that up. I was told that at 4.5 I NEED adjustable Control arms but do not fully understand. Am I going to have issues not being able to adjust the control arms. Any input would be great. I dont see the issue personally as I ran a 4.5" Rustys lift years ago on stock uppers and Rustys fixed lowers but I am building this rig a tad better and would like to do it right. Please fill me in. Thanks Guys!
Old 12-25-2011, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

"need" is the operative word here. You don't need adjustable arms, but it would help you dial in the best ride, drivetrain angles and flex. The RE fixed arms are going to be far better than stock ones, but may not be as good as adjustable. Run them, you won't hurt a thing and see how it goes.

John