Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cali lean!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default cali lean!!!!!!

hello everyone.... my question is if i add 2inch coil spacers on an alrerady 4.5 inch rustys lift would i run in to any driveline issues or major problems.. what am trying to do is called cali lean it is seen mostly on lifted trucks wear its lifted more or raked in the front and has a lean in the back... am just trying something new thanx for any input
Old 04-22-2011, 03:04 AM

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by 1999 cherokee
hello everyone.... my question is if i add 2inch coil spacers on an alrerady 4.5 inch rustys lift would i run in to any driveline issues or major problems.. what am trying to do is called cali lean it is seen mostly on lifted trucks wear its lifted more or raked in the front and has a lean in the back... am just trying something new thanx for any input
Hmm... Its called bulldogged around here
And yeah, i think you might, im not really sure what tho
Old 04-22-2011, 10:34 AM

Year: 1996

I honestly can't recomend it. I assume it will drive poorly and limit your forward visibility. Also if you have short arms you will wan't to adjust out your arms or get longer fixed length arms. It will also ride horrible cause of contol arm angle. If you do this please aim your headlights back down... Blinding other drivers is not cool.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:47 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 99

idk. i dont think that adding a BB the the rear will pose driveline probs. but ill bet you will notice a decrease in handling, both on and off road. if you were to have like an extra 1/2" in the rear, that would be one thing, but too much lift is iffy... idk, preference i guess...
Old 04-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by VTJeep
idk. i dont think that adding a BB the the rear will pose driveline probs. but ill bet you will notice a decrease in handling, both on and off road. if you were to have like an extra 1/2" in the rear, that would be one thing, but too much lift is iffy... idk, preference i guess...
not the rear. the front. I dont know what the fad is with this. but this isnt the place for my opinion. anyway, gonig that high will cause many problems, as said above, as you pass 4" or so the front arms really start to get to a steep angle and ride pretty bad, as the angle gets steeper the wheels are pulled further and further into the body. So you would need at minimum correct length arms. Then the trackbar. if you dont have a drop bar already, you will need a drop bracket and the appropriate track bar. also a drop pitman arm for the steering. (same drop as track bar)
extended brake lines. etc. so yes there is some considerable things that would need to be done to go that high.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:45 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0HO

oh I know what the cali lean is... where I am from we call it Moronic
Old 04-22-2011, 08:08 PM

Year: 1998

Ill give you my worn out rear 4.5" springs for your good 4.5" springs... then you will have the pre runner (cali lean) look you want
Old 04-22-2011, 08:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 ho

its called carolina squat here,and youll get hated on mad for this on here,i did..
Old 04-22-2011, 08:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 L

Its your rig do what you want, but like Muddigger said...you will get flamed most likely.Its a Jeep not a hoopty
Old 04-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by xjmuddigger
its called carolina squat here,and youll get hated on mad for this on here,i did..
It will even impair your english! dont do it!!!
whatever. to each their own. Im just afraid of it turning into the Connecticut crapped your pants look and having to see jeeps like this around me. (or for being mistaken for one because my springs are saggy lol)
Old 04-22-2011, 08:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1989 Laredo
Engine: 4.0 L 6 Renix

What ever the front to rear lean is being called, it's not for me.
Lol, what's a "hoopty"?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Canada, *sigh* lol just kidding. from the urban dictionary
1. hoopty 631 up, 42 downbuy hoopty mugs, tshirts and magnets
Basically, a piece of **** car. Usually cheap and/or broken down. Can be any size, make or model, but must (or should) be embarrassing to drive for some reason, such as when you bump the stereo all the plastic "effects" you have hot-glued to the exterior rattle, instantly betraying the cheapness of your bling.

A hoopty can be anything from a '78 Cadillac Brogham with the panels missing in front of the brake lights (but replaced on only one side with duct tape), to a fine purple two-year old Hyundai Elantra with three spinner hubcaps and a vanity plate that reads BBY GRL.

The term has also been used in certain circles as an insult to one's boy or girlfriend, as in scrub or hoochie mama.
1. Can you believe he be gettin' all mad whenever somebody lean up against his old stupid hoopty.

2. I can see now you ain't nothin' but a hoopty.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 HO

Originally Posted by ct67_72
Canada, *sigh* lol just kidding. from the urban dictionary
1. hoopty 631 up, 42 downhttp://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoopty#http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoopty#buy hoopty mugs, tshirts and magnets
Basically, a piece of **** car. Usually cheap and/or broken down. Can be any size, make or model, but must (or should) be embarrassing to drive for some reason, such as when you bump the stereo all the plastic "effects" you have hot-glued to the exterior rattle, instantly betraying the cheapness of your bling.

A hoopty can be anything from a '78 Cadillac Brogham with the panels missing in front of the brake lights (but replaced on only one side with duct tape), to a fine purple two-year old Hyundai Elantra with three spinner hubcaps and a vanity plate that reads BBY GRL.

The term has also been used in certain circles as an insult to one's boy or girlfriend, as in scrub or hoochie mama.
1. Can you believe he be gettin' all mad whenever somebody lean up against his old stupid hoopty.

2. I can see now you ain't nothin' but a hoopty.
This...

Saw this parked on the side of the street and had to stop to take a picture.
Attached Thumbnails cali lean!!!!!!-forumrunner_20110422_200436.jpg  

Last edited by sthon; 04-22-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:21 PM
CF Veteran

oh the cali shat? Moron lean? careful it will take off right to the moon... I have seen it before...

best way to do it is make some 4" coil spacers (about $10 and 20 mins with the welder) and let your rear end use saggy OEM springs... wait end better leave the front end stock and convert your rear end to leaf spring under the axle, with worn out OEM springs and take 1 or 2 leafs from each pack... that would be straight B-A-L-L-E-R... yo yo YO diggity

I want to do the Big Dog Lean... it's where you install an 8" lift on the passenger side and a 3" lowering kit on the drivers side... it makes everyone think you are RICH because you have way too much money and it is weighing down yo ride

sorry, just messing with you

but if you want to do it I say go for it... we will make fun of it... but if it is what you like go for it...
Old 04-22-2011, 09:22 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by sthon
This...

Saw this parked on the side of the street and had to stop to take a picture.
that honda is tight yo... I must have this... but I would totally rock that just to be funny

Quick Reply: cali lean!!!!!!