Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bastard pack on saggy rear leaf

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 08:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Bastard pack on saggy rear leaf

So here's my situation for you guys familiar with Bastard Packs, I am hoping you guys can help me think through this...

I recently bought a "all stock" '01 Cherokee for my Daughter and the rear stock springs have a slight negative arch. When she is due for tires in about a year, I plan to install a 3" Zone with their new leaf springs and get her some 31' tires. (I love Zone as I have the 4.25" kit on my TJ).

In the meantime, what I am considering just to get the rear back to a stock height for a year, is to leave the saggy XJ main in, but replace the other layers with some good S-10 layers. I will probably use atleast the use the S-10 Main (eyes cut off of course).

I know this is a bit of a wonky setup with a saggy main with good supporting layers...but is this a good temporary (cheap) solution to restore ride height?
Old 03-30-2017, 10:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

that might be a little much for only a years worth of driving. I would look a set of helper springs that mount to the top of the leafs. I have a set on mine and it helps. The helper springs you could probably get for under 60 bucks at most auto parts stores and they only take about 20 minuets to install.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dans98xj
that might be a little much for only a years worth of driving. I would look a set of helper springs that mount to the top of the leafs. I have a set on mine and it helps. The helper springs you could probably get for under 60 bucks at most auto parts stores and they only take about 20 minuets to install.
Thanks for the idea...this "helper" might be what I am looking for instead of dealing with an S-10 pack.
Amazon Amazon