Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone used these / They look like Bushwacker flares

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 10:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Anyone used these / They look like Bushwacker flares

found these on ebay and i am wondering if anyone has any info on them

They look like Bushwacker fender flares but much cheaper

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-CHEROKE...#ht_1795wt_782
Old 01-26-2012, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 1997 4.0 litre

i wouldn't recommend it because there isn't one picture that has a bag of hardware in it. so you may have to buy that separately. plus if they are like bushwhacker cut-outs (I'm getting mine put on 2 weeks from today) then they will take a long time to install, and will be difficult to do without previous knowledge or instructions. and instructions may be hard to come by for a no-name brand like that. i could be wrong, but that is my opinion
Old 01-27-2012, 12:54 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by toddhalbot
i wouldn't recommend it because there isn't one picture that has a bag of hardware in it. so you may have to buy that separately. plus if they are like bushwhacker cut-outs (I'm getting mine put on 2 weeks from today) then they will take a long time to install, and will be difficult to do without previous knowledge or instructions. and instructions may be hard to come by for a no-name brand like that. i could be wrong, but that is my opinion
Still saving $200 over bushwhackers or napier fender flares. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to mount them. The only thing I'd be worried about is what they are made out of.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996

fiberglass.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:47 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 high output

if you want bushwackers looks like a good deal to me. if you have to, buy the hardware from bushwacker and save your self a bunch of money..... that is if you want these style flairs
Old 01-27-2012, 01:50 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

They look ok as long as you don't ever hit them with anything, the bushwackers can take some abuse. Fiberglass wont take much abuse at all....
Old 01-27-2012, 08:36 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000

some say the bushwhackers break pretty easily.
i've had mine on for 5 years but took them off cause i cut more front fender.

they are easy to figure out how to install, i didn't follow the instructions cause my fenders were previously cut anyways. as mentioned, it's not hard to figure out.

all you need for fasteners is a length of thick walled rubber hose to cut for spacers and some screws. some use nuts and bolts, but those will bust out the bolt pocket, screws will just pull out of the body.

the secret is to have tires that stick out past the flares that will come into contact with the tree or rock before the flare.

my flares still look great, no cracks but lots of rubbing from branches.

i say get em if your tires can stick out a bit from the flares. otherwise, skip it.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:02 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995

I would be worried because they are coming from Poland. I have heard of several people getting ripped off when they buy things from overseas Ebayer's and then it becomes a nightmare trying to get your cash back.

I like the fact that they arre fiberglass though, easy to repair!!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:05 AM

I'd stay away honestly... They're coming from Europe and I'm sure the customer service would be hell if you have issues or whatever. I have Napier v2 flares and they're the best on the market in my opinion. The owner is Very cool and is more than willing to go out of his way...and out of pocket...to make sure you're 100% satisfied... Wow I sound like I work for the guy lol... Save money and go with v2 flares. If you're trying to bE cheap get rusty's flares even though they're ugly lol

Not to mention those in your link...if they're fiberglass they're garbage. Napier are thick *** abs plastIc way thIcker than bushwhackers!

Last edited by unvmyxj; 01-28-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well it seems like you guys have made some good points. Fender flares are just so damn expensive, but my paint wont last long either without them.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:15 AM
CF Veteran

I got a set about a year and a half ago from Poland or something like that. Came with no hardware or instructions. One of the pieces was a little warped but a little tweaking and it went on fine. The fronts were somewhat shiny while the backs were flat black . I paid I think about 130-140 between the flares shipping and hardware at home depot
Old 01-27-2012, 10:22 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Engine: 2.5 4 cyl.

Originally Posted by unvmyxj
I'd stay away honestly... They're coming from Europe and I'm sure the customer service would be hell if you have issues or whatever. I have Napier v2 flares and they're the best on the market in my opinion. The owner is Very cool and is more than willing to go out of his way...and out of pocket...to make sure you're 100% satisfied... Wow I sound like I woken for the guy lol... Save money and go with v2 flares. If you're trying to bE cheap get rusty's flares even though they're ugly lol

Not to mention those in your link...if they're fiberglass they're garbage. Napier are thick *** abs plastIc way thIcker than bushwhackers!
Not entirely true. Check out Icelandic Offroad's flares.. They torture test them by driving over them.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by xj_maniac_newb
Not entirely true. Check out Icelandic Offroad's flares.. They torture test them by driving over them.
Man those things look like they would take some abuse, BUT, still have over a $400.00 price tag.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:43 AM

It's up to you. Napier v2 flares also are strength tested by driving on them.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:58 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Engine: 2.5 4 cyl.

Originally Posted by midnightjeeper
Man those things look like they would take some abuse, BUT, still have over a $400.00 price tag.
wasnt suggesting them, you gotta do some major cutting to fit them on. I was just pointing out they're made completely of fiberglass. Their winch and pull bumpers are actually made of fiberglass as well.. ****s strong when you do it right..

Quick Reply: Anyone used these / They look like Bushwacker flares