Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know who makes this push guard?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Anyone know who makes this push guard?

Got it at Carlisle for 10 bucks. wanna find out what brand it is.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone know who makes this push guard?-img_20120722_091139.jpg   Anyone know who makes this push guard?-img_20120722_091146.jpg  
Old 07-28-2012, 04:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

Looks like one of those cheap eBay ones
Old 07-29-2012, 04:09 AM
No, I don't lick fish.

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

^^^x2, I've never seen one like this before... doens't look like any major aftermarket company's work. Seems to be a similar design to the westin (3 piece design), but completely different headlight brush guards. Lemme guess, you're trying to find an installation instruction sheet online, right?
Old 07-29-2012, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Basslicks
^^^x2, I've never seen one like this before... doens't look like any major aftermarket company's work. Seems to be a similar design to the westin (3 piece design), but completely different headlight brush guards. Lemme guess, you're trying to find an installation instruction sheet online, right?
I want to find the mounting hardware or at least the specifications so i can make my own
Old 07-30-2012, 08:11 PM
No, I don't lick fish.

if it mounts anything like the westin that I had on my former Yukon, there is a bracket that goes from the bottom of the guard to a spot on the frame routed underneath the bumper, and then brackets that hook behind the top of the bumper to the guard... it wasn't very strong so you'd probably be better off making your own anyway
Old 07-31-2012, 06:21 PM
AWP

For $10 I would not put this down. It is not strong, so what. Get or make four L brackets drill holes to mount brackets to guard and drill holes to mount brackets and guard to bumper. I have had this type last several years. Put it on and enjoy it. If it lasts 5 years great. If it gets bent up then replace it and bumper. If nothing happens to it then it only cost you about $18 total.
The thing about bumper guards and bumpers. You need them to be protective but not too strong. If the bumper does not give in a colision then the frame will. What do you want to repair?
I had one about like this on my Wrangler. In a storm I rear ended a semi. I hit square and the guard and bumper survived. The OEM Jeep bumper hardware sheered off. Something has got to give. If you don't leave the weak link the collision will find one.
Short version, just use it and enjoy.

Last edited by AWP; 08-01-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 AM
No, I don't lick fish.

Originally Posted by AWP
For $10 I would not put this down. It is not strong, so what. Get or make four L brackets drill holes to mount brackets to guard and drill holes to mount brackets and guard to bumper. I have had this type last several years. Put it on and enjoy it. If it lasts 5 years great. If it gets bent up then replace it and bumper. If nothing happens to it then it only cost you about $18 total.
The thing about bumper guards and bumpers. You need them to be protective but not too strong. If the bumper does not give in a colision then the frame will. What do you want to repair?
I had one about like this on my Wrangler. In a storm I rear ended a semi. I hit square and the guard and bumper survived. The OEM Jeep bumper hardware sheered off. Something has got to give. If you don't leave the weak link the collision will find one.
Short version, just use it and enjoy.
I don't think anyone was putting it down... I was merely saying the factory mounting hardware wasn't strong and he's better off making his own hardware. Nothing wrong with the guard for just serving the purpose of a guard... I just would mount a winch or any recovery gear to it.