all muffler and exhaust questions go here!!!!!! - Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > Modified XJ Cherokee Tech
all muffler and exhaust questions go here!!!!!! >

all muffler and exhaust questions go here!!!!!!

Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.

all muffler and exhaust questions go here!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 04:18 PM
  #1  
::Regional Moderator::
Thread Starter
 
UsmclovesXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 4,742
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0L HO
Arrow all muffler and exhaust questions go here!!!!!!

Hey so I'm pretty well knowing when it comes to exhaust questions. So instead of making a new thread for your question post it here and I or someother people will answer it for you...or pm me if u need a question answered right now like an emergency. Other then that I'm mostly on everyday. So post up some questions. From what to look for in a new muffler. Or to troubleshooting questions. Thanks all lets see those posts
UsmclovesXJ is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 04:34 PM
  #2  
CF Veteran
 
dev_daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Spanish Fork, Utah
Posts: 2,366
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Renix 4.0L
Default

Originally Posted by UsmclovesXJ
Hey so I'm pretty well knowing when it comes to exhaust questions. So instead of making a new thread for your question post it here and I or someother people will answer it for you...or pm me if u need a question answered right now like an emergency. Other then that I'm mostly on everyday. So post up some questions. From what to look for in a new muffler. Or to troubleshooting questions. Thanks all lets see those posts
So you're a self proclaimed exhaust genius, eh? Then I call rocket scientist!
dev_daddy is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 04:37 PM
  #3  
::Regional Moderator::
Thread Starter
 
UsmclovesXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 4,742
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0L HO
Default

Lol thx?
UsmclovesXJ is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 07:27 PM
  #4  
::Regional Moderator::
Thread Starter
 
UsmclovesXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 4,742
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0L HO
Default

.
UsmclovesXJ is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 PM
  #5  
::Regional Moderator::
Thread Starter
 
UsmclovesXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 4,742
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0L HO
Default

Hey just tossen this out there go to http://performance-curve.com/84-01ch...ailpipe-1.aspx if your looking for an exhaust system. Its good and cheap

Last edited by UsmclovesXJ; 09-08-2011 at 08:15 PM.
UsmclovesXJ is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 09:49 PM
  #6  
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Outside of RTP NC
Posts: 451
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: V8
Default

In 3 words or less, please describe in detail, what the the addition of crossover pipes does to the typical torque cure of a "V" type engine and how the pipe size effects that curve.

Ron
jronald is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 10:09 PM
  #7  
Seasoned Member
 
Jeep450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 326
Model: Cherokee
Default

Do straight pipes all the way out the back actually deliver more power than a high end performance exhaust system? Question not limited to jeeps.
Jeep450r is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 10:24 PM
  #8  
::Regional Moderator::
Thread Starter
 
UsmclovesXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 4,742
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0L HO
Default

Originally Posted by Jeep450r View Post
Do straight pipes all the way out the back actually deliver more power than a high end performance exhaust system? Question not limited to jeeps.
if you go from your stock muffler and pipe and run straight pipes all the way back. You will fell some more torque at low end BC the engine won't have that backpressure to deal with...but of course that is not prefered and should at least a highflow cat.
UsmclovesXJ is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 10:28 PM
  #9  
::Regional Moderator::
Thread Starter
 
UsmclovesXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 4,742
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0L HO
Default

But that tourqe gain is small.
UsmclovesXJ is offline  
Old 09-09-2011, 12:45 AM
  #10  
CF Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,648
Model: Cherokee
Default

Originally Posted by jronald View Post
In 3 words or less, please describe in detail, what the the addition of crossover pipes does to the typical torque cure of a "V" type engine and how the pipe size effects that curve.

Ron
ROUND ONE!
mr white is offline  
Old 09-09-2011, 06:11 AM
  #11  
::Regional Moderator::
Thread Starter
 
UsmclovesXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 4,742
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0L HO
Default

Originally Posted by mr white View Post
ROUND ONE!
yeah...3 words or less?...i could write a paper on that....
UsmclovesXJ is offline  
Old 09-09-2011, 12:19 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
ClimbTheBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arvada
Posts: 733
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6
Default

What is the difference with the Flowmaster Super 44 muffler and the super 44 off road?
ClimbTheBest is offline  
Old 09-09-2011, 01:20 PM
  #13  
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,660
Default

Originally Posted by ClimbTheBest View Post
What is the difference with the Flowmaster Super 44 muffler and the super 44 off road?
The case is diamond plate, which is harder than the regular 44's case. Everything else is the same.

Last edited by jmm0122; 09-09-2011 at 01:35 PM.
jmm0122 is offline  
Old 09-09-2011, 02:50 PM
  #14  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 32
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default cherry bomb

hey my cherokee sounds like an RC car right now in the mud. Im thinking about getting a cherrybomb, because i heard their cheap? just putitng it right on the cat. Are they too loud? I dont wanna be obnoxiouslky loud but I dont want it to sound like a wimp either?? also anyone know a price range or easy place otpick one up?
Raidedxelite is offline  
Old 09-09-2011, 02:54 PM
  #15  
::Regional Moderator::
Thread Starter
 
UsmclovesXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 4,742
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0L HO
Default

Originally Posted by Raidedxelite View Post
hey my cherokee sounds like an RC car right now in the mud. Im thinking about getting a cherrybomb, because i heard their cheap? just putitng it right on the cat. Are they too loud? I dont wanna be obnoxiouslky loud but I dont want it to sound like a wimp either?? also anyone know a price range or easy place otpick one up?
I assume your getting a glasspack?....and she will be pretty loud..but aggressive.. And dosent lose its tone in the higher rmps
...get rdy to hear some droning tho. Summet racing has a bunch of glasspack around 30$...but you can order a glass pack at AutoZone for much cheaper around 26$...
UsmclovesXJ is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: all muffler and exhaust questions go here!!!!!!


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: