Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

after market injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default after market injectors?

I did a search and too many threads popped up regarding injector swaps, so I will annoy some but, if you can buy aftermarket injectors for a 95complete dodge neon that's plug and play im not crazy to think the same ones we swap out can also be after market? Im not talking dumping fuel into the poor thing, just a few I goggled I noticed say increased power from a better spray pattern and some you can get remans that deliver 10-15% more fuel if you needed it?
Old 11-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 87
Engine: 4.0

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here. The 703 injector from the dodge neon or intrepid will work for the Jeeps. If you find the direct replacement for the year of neon that most people pull them out of i do not see why you couldn't just buy those. I have had friends buy them from the Junkyard and they work just fine. Grab a couple just in case one does not work. I have venom 24lb injectors in my XJ, bought them brand new $250. I do have a 4.6 stroker so a 24lb was needed and it was a brand new motor so what the hell! Why not get brand new injectors!
Old 11-23-2011, 12:39 AM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by hawaiian808
I did a search and too many threads popped up regarding injector swaps, so I will annoy some but, if you can buy aftermarket injectors for a 95complete dodge neon that's plug and play im not crazy to think the same ones we swap out can also be after market? Im not talking dumping fuel into the poor thing, just a few I goggled I noticed say increased power from a better spray pattern and some you can get remans that deliver 10-15% more fuel if you needed it?

Well lets see here..first theres 703 & 784 neon injectors..only difference is the clip. 784 being the newer style!
Both are plug & play and reseting the ecu is recommended. I beleive stock cherokee injectors are 18lbs..maybe 19lbs & and have a 1 hole style pental cap. The 703/784's are 22lbs injectors and have 4 holes. 22lbs is enough for most strokers, my point is you won't need more fuel at all unless your building a stroker like Meff up there..
You can get a reman set but you will pay more & you may have to buy 2 sets which leaves you with 2 extra reman units that won't be needed. My pointgetting 8 remans is pointless cause you know they will work, and if not retrun them for ones that do.
Or go get 8 of them from a junkyard which should cost you pennys, and getting 8 from there is insurance really incase 1 doesn't work.

I went the junkyard route and got 6 good looking injectors. Soaked in seafoam for 24hrs, gave them new orings and installed them. Reset the ecu and I can say they are great.
Gains: Flooring it quickly, it doesn't bog done like it used to, seems alot peppier and 18-19mpg in town isn't bad, and they look alot cleaner/visually pleasing than the old stubby injectors lol. Idle improved alot, but I had vaccum leaks before as well..my idle has now dropped to about 500rpm, or the first small line on the rpm gauge...and is smooth as butter. While before around 850 or just after the second little rpm line, it was jumpy.
5speed, 3.07s, 31's & a 3" lift. ave. mpg 18.4mpg all in town/city driving. Hand calculated, using GPS for mileage since speedo doesn't work, so that number is very acturate..casually driving for the most part but I tend to take it to 4500+rpm at least once a day. Highest I saw was babying it for 2 tanks, I got 19.1. Again thats 100% city driving, averaging 45-50mph or so, alot of stop and go!