Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After lift help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default After lift help

Installed a 4.5" RC front lift and Blazer bastard pack in the rear. Front came out close to 5" and rear to about 4.75". Rear pack consists of XJ main, then full blazer pack with overload. Currently on 30's. Soon to be 33's. No T case drop. Probably need an sye (DS came out of t-case about 1.25") or I'll just lengthen my drive shaft in the meantime. Auto, NP242, D35 rear.

My problem is this, after I brought it to get aligned, buddy said I need rear brake work or something because he couldn't just roll it on his machine, he had to drive it on. When I drive it, it almost feels like the rear end is lower/hits bumps harder and is kind of holding back. From a stop, if I put it in reverse and let go of the brake, it rolls backwards no problem. But when I put it in drive and release the brake, it will roll forward, but only about 10 feet then stop.

So I checked a few things. E-brake aren't on. Cables are loose and I can pull the hand brake and feel it tighten, then when I release, it let's go like normal. The rear drum brakes were perfectly functional before the lift too. I bled all lines and checked that no fittings are leaking either. My rear pinion angle seems fine to me too. Pretty good actually IMO. Put a shim in the rear too. Diff fluid is full too.

I've tried searching for this issue but haven't had any luck.

Any help would be great!

Last edited by XJ1517; 08-21-2013 at 08:13 PM.