Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aeroforce interceptor

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 12:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Aeroforce interceptor

Does anyone know if the Aeroforce Interceptor will work on the older jeeps? My 98 seems to communicate with some devices and just say no to others. I'd like to throw a single interceptor in a gauge pod on the pillar which would be like having a bunch of gauges. Just looking to see if anyone has insight on this. Thanks fellas
Old 10-13-2017, 01:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0

I'd never heard of those until now, but it looks like they're just fancy OBD2 readers. If by "older jeeps" you mean your 98, then yes, it should work. If you mean pre-96, then no.

OBD2 readers/scanners/etc will be limited by what sensors are available. We don't have a trans temp sensor, diff temp sensor, oil temp sensor, etc. So you wouldn't be able to read that stuff since they don't exist.

But MAN are those expensive. Have you looked at other solutions? You can get an ultragauge for like $80 that will do all the same things, or a $13 bluetooth OBD2 adapter for your phone.

I have a scangauge 2 that I use. I would not buy it today because the ultragauge is so much better for half the price, but I wholeheartedly endorse the concept of additional OBD2 gauges.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Engine: 4.0L

I have looked at other solutions. I've tried the bluetooth obd transmitter and it's just too much of a pain in the *** IMO. The Ultragauge looks to be like a good alternative but what's appealing about the interceptor is that it's a standard 2 1/16" gauge so I can get a pillar mount and have a nice clean install.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0

I can completely understand that. They are very pretty. And I am NOT the guy to pass judgement on someone for spending more money to buy a better product lol.