Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.6 Stroker Build (Head???)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 09:56 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default 4.6 Stroker Build (Head???)

Well I finally got my stroker build started. Pull the donor block from a 96. Surprise, surprise it's tagged a factory rebuild in 02. Sent it off to my machine shop with the stroker crank and rods to start the work and waiting for him to get back to me after everything has been cleaned up and mic'd.

The question I have is I'm looking for bolt on head options designed for stroker. Can't do the Edelbrock but found this for half the price which looks good but want to know if anybody has any history/experience.

Titan Engines
We are selling Brand New Jeep Cylinder Heads. They will replace your cracked 331 7120 630 casting. These are bad about cracking and if you buy a remanufactured head you may encounter the same problem again. We are offering a new and improved casting. We purchase these castings and then we re-machine the heads to achieve the best possible Jeep head for the money. First we take the bare casting and cut the intake and exhaust valve ports to accept the Chevrolet 1.94 intake valve and the 1.5 exhaust valve. The seats are given a 3 angle cut for maximum sealing capabilities. We bore the guide from 8mm to the 11/32 needed for the stainless steel valves. We then CBN surface the head to assure a perfect mating surface for the MLS gasket. The head is then cleaned and ready for assembly. The parts used in this head are as follows: 6- GM 1.94 Stainless Steel Swirl Polished Intake Valve 6- GM 1.50 Stainless Steel Swirl Polished Exhaust Valve 12- Teflon Valve Stem Seals 12-VS943 Performance Valve Spring (seat pressure 107lbs.) 24-PF555HD Performance Hardened Valve Locks 12- GM Performance Valve Retainers. These heads have been flow tested and flowed Exhaust 146CFM @ .500 Lift and 130CFM @.300 Lift Intake 214CFM @ .500 Lift and 177CFM@.300 Lift These test were preformed in the humid Florida air. You do not have to worry about returning a core because these are new heads, and do not require an exchange, so take your old head to the steel salvage yard and you will probably get around 25.00 for the weight in iron. We ship these heads UPS, They are heavy. The listed shipping cost is for the lower 48, call for quotes to all other locations
Old 12-29-2017, 12:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 1999 XJ
Engine: I6 4.0L

Heck, I'm sure intrigued. However, when looking for a block I was told to steer clear of Titan Engines by a few friends and forum acquaintances.

Then again, their website looks like it's being redesigned so maybe they've switched things up a bit.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:34 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by alpine.adrenaline
Heck, I'm sure intrigued. However, when looking for a block I was told to steer clear of Titan Engines by a few friends and forum acquaintances.

Then again, their website looks like it's being redesigned so maybe they've switched things up a bit.
From the mention of Florida air in the claims for flow rate I'm guessing they use Clearwater castings. The rest of the parts and machine work add up to a pretty good deal for $624. I would spend that much duplicating those specs. Going to call them after holidays and get more info. The others I considered was PROMAX and Cleggengine. Can't find detailed info on PROMAX so I'll have to call them as well. Clegg site says "Not Available".