Classifieds Post up here is you want to sell something or simply looking to buy something. This is specific to this region.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Posted my 92' on craigslist for $2,750, $2,500 for you members

Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Inline 6 4.0L
Smile Posted my 92' on craigslist for $2,750, $2,500 for you members

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3571784100.html

My name is Tyler, and I am selling my 1992 Jeep CherokeeLaredo High Output 4.0L Inline 6 Cylinder (Power Everything). THE JEEP NOLONGER HAS THE BUMBER OR LIGHTS IN PIC. I bought it in June 2006. The previousowner was an older gentleman that was restoring the Jeep. He replaced the Fuelinjectors, much of the electrical system, and rebuilt the engine at around 150thousand miles. He ended up passing away from cancer and his wife sold the Jeepto me. It has been one great friend. It is one solid, reliable, and qualitymachine. I need to sell it soon to help cover my wife and my child birthexpenses.

I had the transmission rebuilt in 2009 for $1,100. It wasjust starting to have a faint issue, and I had it done before there was damage.The transmission coolant lines were also replaced. The Jeep’s mileage readingstopped working around 220,000? (I don’t have it here with me). I estimate itis around 235,000 miles because it has had 5 oil changes since. I am RELIGIOUSabout 3,000 mile oil changes and the oil is always beautiful!

Exterior:

I gave the Jeep a 3” lift (Rough Country) in 2009. Itreceived 4 new shocks, 2 front coils, and 2 rear add a leaf springs. Thealignment is spot on and the tires always wear perfectly even. It currently has31” Dick Cepek tires that are just about spent (the front two are worn morebecause the jeep always carried a 200lb bumper. The Jeep needs a break job. Idon’t have the funds for it. 2 front disks, 2 rear drums. The headlights areaftermarket (non sealed) and have LED’s around the perimeter that illuminateanytime the AUX power or car is on. I added a U-Haul tow package in 2009. Inever hauled anything.. it was more because I worked on the mountain and Ifigured it was only a matter of time until someone rear ended me. I’d ratherthem hit the tow ball. That Said.. THIS JEEP HASNEVER BEEN IN AN AUTO WRECK!!! J. I installed a hoodvent from a Chrysler LaBaron and built a drip pan for it. The Jeep is purple(nice paint) with a grey hammertone hood, And black roof. The fuel pump wasreplaced in 2009. The fuel filter was replaced in 2009 and in 2012. The reardiff fluid and seal were replaced in 2011 (the front could be serviced alongwith the transfer case). The grill, rain gutters, side views and door handlesare all stock chrome and are in perfect condition!! Beautiful!

Engine Compartment:

The serpentine belt pump/pulley cluster has received a lotof work J.New (2011-12) water pump, seal, thermostat, and power steering pump. Thealternator was replaced in 2009 and it’s a Powermaster 140 AMP (instead ofstock 90 AMP). I was running 10 accessory lights and radio. The only thing thatneeds replaced is the idler pulley (the cheapest fix of all). It’s an isolatedpulley that doesn’t power anything. Its just a pulley face on bearings. Itcurrently squeals because the bearings are old. Easy fix. I just don’t have thetime or money at this point. I was going to do it…. But… my batter just diedand I put in a BRAND SPANKIN NEW battery that cost $100 (because of the priceof metal these days… my gift to you). The battery cables are also fitted withnew attachment terminals. I modified the stock air box to house a K&N(washable and reusable) cone filter. It has great air flow and you can hear itbreathe. The stock air box cover isn’t beautiful, but it seals most of the hotengine air out. The spark plugs were replaced in 2011. New spark plug wires. Iwas going to replace the distributor… but I did the battery instead. The jeephas a new NAPA starter that fires up nice(2012).

Interior:

The first thing that you will notice is that there is noheadliner, and no carpet. I removed the headliner when it began to sag and lookgross. Cut it out to bare metal and painted the interior roof black there’s abunch of stickers and random things from my travels decorating it. I removedthe carpet because I always had a minor leak that would make the carpet wet. Ididn’t want the floor board to rust so I took it out to bare metal. I rhinolined it to seal it. There was one weak area which a friend welded for me. Theback cargo area has nice rhino lining. The jeep has a new headlight switch(2012). The jeep has a Viper auto alarm (I have both of the remotes and theywork just dandy… but the little plastic key loops have broken.. niceengineering. I’m sure they can be replaced). The stereo head unit is a Dual.Its nothing super fancy, but it plays all CD’s, it plays IPod’s on the AUXchannel with the AUX cord I installed through the center console, AND the Jeepis coming with an AMP and sub. I just had a baby and theres no room in my newjeep. 2 12” subwoofers that can KICK!!! Seriously good bass… Now, Im notblasting rap, and I wasn’t looking to be heard from blocks, but it reallyreally makes Ac/Dc, Zeppelin, Bad religion, Atmosphere, etc sound nice and heavy.Jeep comes with a doughnut spare, jack, tow strap, lug wrench, etc… all thesafety essentials. The back of the rear seat had carpet on it. When I took outmy carpet, I replaced it with heavy vinyl. Basically, when the rear seat isdown, the cargo area is bomb proof.

This is my baby and as you can tell, I have put a lot ofwork and myself into it. I wouldn’t sell it if I dint have to pay off the babybills. Lucky find!! I’m only willing to sell to a buyer that can convince methat it will have a good home and usual maintenance. That was what the originalowner’s wife required of me. The Jeep has been nothing but loved. This would bean AMAZING high school graduation present.. with plenty of time for the minorlove she needs. There is a great Cherokee support website with informationabout EVERYTHING someone would need about the JEEP. This is how I have done allof my fixes myself (except transmission). It’s called Cherokeeforum.com. I’mnot looking to get low balled or jerked around, only serious buyers please.

-Tyler
Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Inline 6 4.0L

503 896 8430