Classifieds Post up here is you want to sell something or simply looking to buy something. This is specific to this region.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Looking for tow hooks, hitch and sway bar links

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Looking for tow hooks, hitch and sway bar links

I need some recovery. Im lookin for tow hooks with brackets and a rear hitch. Hopefully something factory that tucks up tight to the bumper. And I need some stock sway bar links. I twisted the heads right off them trying to take them off. Thanks guys.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:43 AM

You can get new OE sway bar links, with bushings, for about $10. I've got to replace mine too so I've been looking. The Moog's are about $20. Go new! Try parts geek.

Nice looking XJ. I've got a red one too - '93.

Good luck
Old 07-08-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by DarrellXJ
You can get new OE sway bar links, with bushings, for about $10. I've got to replace mine too so I've been looking. The Moog's are about $20. Go new! Try parts geek.

Nice looking XJ. I've got a red one too - '93.

Good luck

Good call. I actually found a set on RockAuto for 17 before shipping. Ill probably do the homebrew quick disco's on them if i get those. Im also considering just ordering quick disco's from RC designed for a 3" lift. Not sure yet.

Oh and thanks. Before my current xj i had a red 92. I loved it but it got totaled unfortunately.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Originally Posted by Keaton
I need some recovery. Im lookin for tow hooks with brackets and a rear hitch. Hopefully something factory that tucks up tight to the bumper. And I need some stock sway bar links. I twisted the heads right off them trying to take them off. Thanks guys.
I have a Uhaul hitch that is a perfect fit and sits about 1/2" below the stock bumper (not for sale, just sayin). I got it new for about $150? shipped, but it has a lifetime coast to coast warranty and I never get crap when I rent stuff and tow it with the jeep

I might have some stock sway bar links that you can have, I'll look and get back to you.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by mudderx

I have a Uhaul hitch that is a perfect fit and sits about 1/2" below the stock bumper (not for sale, just sayin). I got it new for about $150? shipped, but it has a lifetime coast to coast warranty and I never get crap when I rent stuff and tow it with the jeep

I might have some stock sway bar links that you can have, I'll look and get back to you.
Good to know thanks. I always prefer local but if nothin else, 150 isnt too bad I guess. I'm a cheap *** haha.

If ya had some links that'd be awesome. Save me the cost of shipping and whatnot.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:27 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Keaton
Good to know thanks. I always prefer local but if nothin else, 150 isnt too bad I guess. I'm a cheap *** haha.

If ya had some links that'd be awesome. Save me the cost of shipping and whatnot.
You can pick the hitch up at any uhaul and avoid shipping, I just wanted everything at the same time when I lifted my jeep the first time. Im cheap too
Old 07-09-2012, 03:58 PM
CF Veteran

I can only find one link and its missing the lower bushing. You can have it if you want it but you would need to swap your bushing into it and find another link. There was a zj with quick disconnects at A1 auto recycling? on A street in auburn. The links looked good and I think they would fit an xj, if not there were about 10 cherokees there.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by mudderx
I can only find one link and its missing the lower bushing. You can have it if you want it but you would need to swap your bushing into it and find another link. There was a zj with quick disconnects at A1 auto recycling? on A street in auburn. The links looked good and I think they would fit an xj, if not there were about 10 cherokees there.
Thanks for lookin dude. I never been to A1, I might just end up goin to a JY this weekend and see if i can find some.

Still, if anyone has what i need just layin around, itd be easier than havin to pull it at a junkyard heh.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L I6

If your still looking for sway bar links, Just an idea... Run to the junk yard and get some stock ones off a cherokee, and buy the right diameter pipe, Drill it out... find some cotter keys, cut out an inch out of the sway bar link, and you got a set of quick disconnects. Its on the cheaper side until you get a new pair of manufactured sway bar links. I would think you could get your hitch from a wrecking yard too for 75$ or so. Get some D hooks from harbor freight and bolt em too your bumper mounts for front tow points. Just idea's though. ( I'm cheap and have a back ground in fab work)