International This area is for all our fellow wheelers outside of the US. So now Canada and other countries have their own area.

Anybody in Turkey?

Old 01-23-2011, 02:44 AM

Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Anybody in Turkey?

I'm being reassigned to Turkey and will be taking my XJ with me. Anyone already there with a Jeep? How are the roads and more importantly...off road conditions?

Any other advice is welcome.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee

Hello from Ankara Turkey.

There are lots of Jeep products on roads and off road here. You can find anything related to Jeep. there are aftermarket part shops and mopar dealers too. Turkey is a modern country with lots of options on 4x4 market and SUV market.

Road quality is very good on interstate highways and ok on local roads. actually tarmac quality is not so well and there are so many patches on local roads between small cities in urban areas and in remote places. but roads are in good shape in big cities and ok between big cities

There are several forums, and off road clubs and they have serious activities off road. You can find nicely modified monster truck like ZJ or XJ around.

Also country is big and i am sure one can find its own trail there. Do not expect to see crawling activities, or seriously modified off road vehicles everywhere and occasionally.

Any help, dont hesitate to drop me a line.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:21 PM

Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0L HO

DUDE!!! I spent 120 days at Incirlik AB. Beautiful country, especially down by the Med. Sea. Lots to do and see. Hit up the shops outside of Incirlik; if thats where you are going and befriend the local shop owners. Carpets, leather goods, some of the finest shotguns on the planet!! If you like to travel, get out and see the country. Lots of history there. It is a large country so I imagine the wheelin aint too bad either. You have to check out the "Castle By The Sea", its AMAZING!! Youll love it there. I see your in AMC, you Admin or maint.? Im ACC myself but went there for "Northern Watch" in '03 with Hill AFB Utah. F-16CG's. Have fun and enjoy it.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:49 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 92

Man I want to go to Turkey
Old 08-18-2011, 03:36 PM

LT nice to see you on this forum too, saw u over on mr2oc just sold mine!