What's the worth of my xj

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Default What's the worth of my xj

I hope this is in the right forum

I have a white 2000 xj sport 2wd with 170,000 miles.

A few months ago the engine started knocking. Went to 2 different mechanics and got quotes for 4k-5k for new engine. They basically told me they would completely have to disassemble engine to locate noise (cause just by looking and scopes couldn't find anything) and at that point I might as well replace the thing cause disassembly would be costly.

They said if they were me to just keep driving it until it blows. It could last another month or another year.

Other than that, the only mechanical issue is that I have to prime it to start. Been doing that a couple years.

Looking to buy another car and was hoping to get a little something for my jeep to help offset cost of new car.

I'm not looking to get rich, rip someone off or make a fool of myself, but jeep still runs strong.

The jeep has typical scratches on bumper and nicks for car of its age and I say the interior is in good condition.

What would be a good asking price?

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by mrperez80
I hope this is in the right forum

I have a white 2000 xj sport 2wd with 170,000 miles.

A few months ago the engine started knocking. Went to 2 different mechanics and got quotes for 4k-5k for new engine. They basically told me they would completely have to disassemble engine to locate noise (cause just by looking and scopes couldn't find anything) and at that point I might as well replace the thing cause disassembly would be costly.

They said if they were me to just keep driving it until it blows. It could last another month or another year.

Other than that, the only mechanical issue is that I have to prime it to start. Been doing that a couple years.

Looking to buy another car and was hoping to get a little something for my jeep to help offset cost of new car.

I'm not looking to get rich, rip someone off or make a fool of myself, but jeep still runs strong.

The jeep has typical scratches on bumper and nicks for car of its age and I say the interior is in good condition.

What would be a good asking price?

Thanks.
Pictures help.

mechanical issues and 2wd? Me personally, i wouldn't give you all that much. Definitely under 1k.

edit: my undet 1k valuation is based on the market for xjs in my area. Ot may be different in your area.

Last edited by Martlor13; 04-09-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:30 AM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Old 04-09-2017, 11:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Turbo X_J
here you go man ...
Old 04-10-2017, 01:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Being 2wd with engine problems and its age under a grand is real world price on it.