Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default What now guys?

Would should i do with her?
Attached Thumbnails What now guys?-forumrunner_20110905_123332.jpg   What now guys?-forumrunner_20110905_123407.jpg   What now guys?-forumrunner_20110905_123652.jpg  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 litre

Write a story. The rails are probably bent. I would put a stock suspension and tires before insurance takes it.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:57 PM

the only thing bent under neath that i saw was the passenger leaf front eye. it twisted counterclockwise a lil bit but nothing to serious. i drove it home ten miles like how you see it
Old 09-05-2011, 01:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 litre

Did you roll?
Old 09-05-2011, 01:54 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996
Engine: I6

If someone else hit you put stock suspension and tires before there insurance comes. if you rolled it and had liabilaty only id take all the parts you put in it out and than just scrap it. i cant see being able to salvage it. but would you mind in detail what happened lol.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:51 PM

nope didnt roll........so anyways me and about 4 other friend were heading out to wheel and we were on a slick clay road and i was swearving side to side on the clay road drifting sort of going about 20mph and out of nowhere one of my friends is with girls in his truck trying to show off so he was doing about 50 and said he didnt see me for some reason so when i was cutting right he straight t boned me and i slid like 30 feet away from him and was backed up to a big oak tree....i didnt hit it tho....so yeah i got out looked out the truck and heard the tire leaking so i hauled butt home about ten miles as pictured.....everybody walked away with cuts and bruising and thats all

i was thinking about chopping everything off and making it into a tube truck
pictures to follow
Old 09-05-2011, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by Rhutchinson609
If someone else hit you put stock suspension and tires before there insurance comes. if you rolled it and had liabilaty only id take all the parts you put in it out and than just scrap it. i cant see being able to salvage it.
Don't be a horder....its totaled...and don't drive like a holes and you'd still have a jeep....
Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Xjtim
Don't be a horder....its totaled...and don't drive like a holes and you'd still have a jeep....

umm it wasnt my fault there bravo so nice try
Old 09-05-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by tzimmer91

umm it wasnt my fault there bravo so nice try
Drifting at 20mph in a lifted xj on a slick clay rd and probably with no sway bar
Maybe even aired down?...even if you didn't get hit something was going to go wrong...so...bravo...once again...be smart offloading with your next jeep and maybe you'll keep it intact. Or don't, I don't really care.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:02 PM

if u know how to control a vehicle like i do and always do the drifting and i wasnt going to flip its slick which means u slide in order for u to flip it needs to grip the roap smart one......

its people like who scare people off of these sites cuz u want to be a know it all

damn grow up

i was just trying to get advise on chopping it
Old 09-05-2011, 06:28 PM
::Regional Moderator::

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 2.8

Step 1. Salvage what you can off of it.
Step 2. Deal with insurance or scrapping it.
Step 3. Buy another Cherokee.
Step 4. Install your old parts.
Step 5. Go wheeling.

I don't see the point in even trying to build something out of it at this point. Time to start fresh. And if you feel like drifting, sell your Jeep and buy a damn car. Being a good driver is knowing that the roads you are traveling down are slick and would prevent you from avoiding an accident like this. You had zero chance of avoiding this accident on that clay even if you had seen him coming. As far as I'm concerned your just as much at fault for the accident as the guy who hit you.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by tzimmer91
if u know how to control a vehicle like i do and always do the drifting and i wasnt going to flip its slick which means u slide in order for u to flip it needs to grip the roap smart one......

its people like who scare people off of these sites cuz u want to be a know it all

damn grow up

i was just trying to get advise on chopping it
It's people like you who give off roading a bad name...please learn how to spell before you call me the "smart one"...I still have my jeep fully intact ready to wheel. Is your name Ken block? Probably not, therefore your aren't a professional in a controlled environment. It was a totally uncontrollable situation. Please be safe, next time you may kill someone doing something stupid like this. The xj did it's job by saving your life, too bad you didn't treat it with the same respect.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

Originally Posted by emptypockets
Step 1. Salvage what you can off of it.
Step 2. Deal with insurance or scrapping it.
Step 3. Buy another Cherokee.
Step 4. Install your old parts.
Step 5. Go wheeling.

I don't see the point in even trying to build something out of it at this point. Time to start fresh. And if you feel like drifting, sell your Jeep and buy a damn car. Being a good driver is knowing that the roads you are traveling down are slick and would prevent you from avoiding an accident like this. You had zero chance of avoiding this accident on that clay even if you had seen him coming. As far as I'm concerned your just as much at fault for the accident as the guy who hit you.
Best advise yet...even from a guy with an 86 XJ.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:39 PM
AoA

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.2L bored out 4.0L I6

Originally Posted by Xjtim
It's people like you who give off roading a bad name...please learn how to spell before you call me the "smart one"...I still have my jeep fully intact ready to wheel. Is your name Ken block? Probably not, therefore your aren't a professional in a controlled environment. It was a totally uncontrollable situation. Please be safe, next time you may kill someone doing something stupid like this. The xj did it's job by saving your life, too bad you didn't treat it with the same respect.

Dude get out, your being nothing but negative, whether or not he was sliding around for fun does not negate the fact he was T-boned. If he were going in a straight line it still would have happened. With out risks life is boring, Play it safe and you'll have a dull life.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by AoA

Dude get out, your being nothing but negative, whether or not he was sliding around for fun does not negate the fact he was T-boned. If he were going in a straight line it still would have happened. With out risks life is boring, Play it safe and you'll have a dull life.
Yep....just like he is....there is taking risks and being stupid....I guess you're part of the people who do the latter...taking an educated risk is what we do every time we take the jeeps out. Adding a lifted xj, swerving side to side in an unstable environment is stupid. Btw, you're being negative by talking to me negatively...genius....

Quick Reply: What now guys?