something that will make u cry

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default something that will make u cry

now look at this vid the goverment decided to blow up engines on every cash for clunkers deal this is not right ppl
Old 08-09-2009, 04:08 PM

this is pissing me off like none other..................WHY?????...they dont realize it, but this is NOT good for the economy AT ALL!! i just saw a video on there of them doing this to a 2001, YES A 2001 WJ limited!!!!!!!!!!! in great shape by the way......

here is why i say they are doing more harm then good here just so you dont think im just ranting here

first off, these cars do NOT deserve to be taken out back and shot.......these are good cars and jeeps and trucks that still run very well, that look very good, and would make some body who needs a car a very happy camper.......

for examply, the dealers arent getting money outa these cars..........so why not sell them to some one who needs a car for 500 bucks or a thousand bucks or something like that......for some one who is driving an old 85 celebrety, a 98 or what ever cherokee would be a heck of a step up for them...and even more so yet, some one who doesnt have a car at all....they could use one of these cars to work in the morning......

my second reason for getting pissed off

this is making people with so called "clunkers" think that "hey, they are giving us 4500 for our 98 blazer or jeep or whatever, so lets go buy a brand new car"

but, some of these poeple are people who have a car thats payed off bc they cant afford to make payments.......but this deal sounds so go, they figure why not.......but there may be a reason they have an older car that they arent making payments on

i have a feeling that over the next year to year and a half, we are going to see a sky rocket of bankrupcies due to vehicle reposetion bc they wont be able to make their payments..

and my third reason
the dealer where my friend traded his great looking YJ for a brand new dodge caliber told him and me that they are taking them straight to the crusher after they have destroyed the engine......SO, what does this mean for people like me, and my friends and a lot of people on this forum??? it means its going to be even harder finding that used altanator at the junk yard..or that used radiator....or that used what ever part it is you need for us fix it ourself guys...........

incase you havent noticed, this is just a real pisser in my opinion........but the only thing we can do about it, is A) not get roped into this, and B) sit in here and ***** about it like im doing right now...............thats it
Old 08-09-2009, 04:24 PM

Year: 1996

i hear u on that am soo pissed too and you are soo right alot of these cars are fine
Old 08-09-2009, 05:46 PM

Year: 01
Default at least we have no frame

this kind of thing is beyond stupid,almost evil....I will keep my jeep when we run out of gas and will hitch up a couple horses,remove my engine and use ol chief as a carriage..buckle up friends,its gonna be a wild ride!
Old 08-09-2009, 05:53 PM

thats exactly right....they are all fine

and, in my humble opinion here, the only way for a car to be considered not fixable, is if its pain color is rust, and there are rust holes every where, and you can stop the car if needed to like the flinstones bc there is such a large hole in the floor boards, and so much so, that your seat is about to drop thru the floor

but, if its not THAT bad, there is no such thing as an un-repairable car....no matter whats wrong with it, it can be fixed.....

if you blow you engine, go out and get another engine.......heck, my body went out and bought a new used 4.0 for a 98 ZJ with like 120 thousand miles on the new engine, bougt it for 400 bucks....and it ran like new again....

what im saying is, even when its something THAT big thats wrong with it, it can still be fixed for usually the price of one brand new car payment or less......but it can still be fixed......even if its a problem that is going to cost a grand...that 2 and a half new car payments...instead of 72 new car payments......or 60 new car payments........bc thats is what these people are doing when they trade in their paid off, well running car or jeep that may have some problems here and there......

but like a friend of mine and i were talking about, there really isnt anything for a car, as far as parts go, that cost very much....unless you have to buy a whole new engine, or a whole new tranny.....but if you can do it yourselves, most of the parts for cars dont cost much....

say maybe, for example me, with my XJ......yea, i just bought a brand new wheel bearing for 80 bucks.....put it on myself....that 80 bucks total.....that a third of a cheap brand new car payment, but, im not buying a new wheel bearing every month....it may be 7 months between times you have to fix your jeep......and say i have to put a new U-joint on the front axle.....bc i have a feeling thats whats going wrong next........well, thats 9 bucks.......for a grand total of 89 dollars spent on my XJ over a 7 month period....while those out there who are giving up on their good running but high mileage cars are going to have a brand new car payment, where they will be spending 3 times what i spent in a 7 month period, and that would still be a cheap car payment for a brand new one, every month......

sorry, didnt mean to go into a whole thing again about it..........its just one of those things
Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 PM

Year: 01
Default this is first stage though

They actually crush them after this,So there is no parts left out of that vehicle.Its one thing to freeze an engine but another to destroy all the parts along with it .just makes no sense.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:16 PM

yup..very true feathers....

i went and looked at a new JK yesterday with another jeeping buddy of mine, he was the one looking, hes planning on buying a brand new JK....hes a huge jeep/corvette guy...2 vettes, and is looking for a third, also a 1952 jeepster convertable in mint condition, and a 2001 TJ and looking for a new jeep

but anyways we went to the dealer where my friend traded off his XJ for the Cash for CLunkers deal, and it was still there, and so we went back and looked at it........the soft top was gone, the whole interior was stripped, and the doors were gone...

but that was just to nice of a jeep to see sacraficed for a new car
Old 08-09-2009, 07:04 PM

Year: 2009 Dodge Caliber
Engine: 2.0

Originally Posted by drummerwookie
yup..very true feathers....

i went and looked at a new JK yesterday with another jeeping buddy of mine, he was the one looking, hes planning on buying a brand new JK....hes a huge jeep/corvette guy...2 vettes, and is looking for a third, also a 1952 jeepster convertable in mint condition, and a 2001 TJ and looking for a new jeep

but anyways we went to the dealer where my friend traded off his XJ for the Cash for CLunkers deal, and it was still there, and so we went back and looked at it........the soft top was gone, the whole interior was stripped, and the doors were gone...

but that was just to nice of a jeep to see sacraficed for a new car
It was a perfect Jeep to "sacrifice" for a brand new car with a lifetime power train warranty, twice the gas mileage, satellite radio, air bags front and side curtain, more cargo space, air conditioning, nicer all around.... 1990 w/ 230,000 miles, rusted out floor board, rust on rocker panels, in need of a slave cylinder, needed a new windshield, rear view mirror, gauges worked properly half the time, wouldn't shut off immediately after turning ignition off, blue booked in "fair" condition for around $1600, which I would consider it below fair. I still liked the Jeep a lot, but call me crazy for trading in that old thing for over $8,000 off a brand new car.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0 Renix I6

This subject is so sore with me, I cannot even talk about it.
Put it this way: I did not vote for obama! (or mcain)
Old 08-09-2009, 07:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Engine: 4.0 Renix I6

Originally Posted by feathers sound
They actually crush them after this,So there is no parts left out of that vehicle.Its one thing to freeze an engine but another to destroy all the parts along with it .just makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense when you want a population to have no choice, and do as they are told!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 09Caliber
It was a perfect Jeep to "sacrifice" for a brand new car with a lifetime power train warranty, twice the gas mileage, satellite radio, air bags front and side curtain, more cargo space, air conditioning, nicer all around.... 1990 w/ 230,000 miles, rusted out floor board, rust on rocker panels, in need of a slave cylinder, needed a new windshield, rear view mirror, gauges worked properly half the time, wouldn't shut off immediately after turning ignition off, blue booked in "fair" condition for around $1600, which I would consider it below fair. I still liked the Jeep a lot, but call me crazy for trading in that old thing for over $8,000 off a brand new car.
dan the man

yea, but i still liked it

i think it sux that you got rid of it, but obviously its yours to do with what you want....i hated to see it go anyways.....

im sure youll be happier with the caliber anyways....

but like i said, above, there isnt anything that cant be fixed for the most part...i was more then happy to help you with you slave cyl as i offered........

but i know you had a lot of things go wrong with it...and you dont have the time to be out there working on it all the time.......

i just think its a shame that it has to be crushed

Last edited by drummerwookie; 08-09-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:06 AM

the government is so full of ***** they just do stuff that is better for them. they could care less about us and if we can afford our payments. or after that new car gets repoed if we have a way to work. it just makes you wonder if the south wouldve won would we be in the same position
Old 08-10-2009, 11:49 AM

Does anyone know if you can purchase these 'clunkers' from dealers for dirt cheap, under the table possibly? I'd love to get another 01 cherokee to mess around with so I can make the correct alterations to my current 01.

Just a thought...
Old 08-10-2009, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by KBo650
Does anyone know if you can purchase these 'clunkers' from dealers for dirt cheap, under the table possibly? I'd love to get another 01 cherokee to mess around with so I can make the correct alterations to my current 01.

Just a thought...
nope...by law they have to send them to the junkyard........which is what makes no sence to me

Last edited by drummerwookie; 08-10-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:23 PM

so when they recycle these cars they purposely blow good engines?? do they get pleasure out of this? this made me sick. thats so sad.
A. precious engines shouldnt be purposely destroyed
B. WASTE OF FUEL! omg the govt calls themself pushing us greener but burning up all kinds of fuel just to blow engines to be recycled...come on.

so if im wrong on any of this correct me but this is stupid and wasteful and painful to these poor jeeps. ill give it that engine was tough as ****. man let me tell u...i BABY mine. oil change every 3000 ON the dot. never rawhide it. never dog it. we just fly 2gether. good gas and all. been puttin shell in it for almost a year now. got that hydrogen infused care goin in it.
and omg...i just wanna cry this is mean. =/

ok im sorry im just so disturbed. me n my jeep are "tight". sounds crazy but i take care of it and it takes care of me i love my jeep.

Quick Reply: something that will make u cry