XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

should i, should i not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Engine: none other
Default should i, should i not?

Ok I am looking for an xj to take the kids out and wheel and show them the fun life outdoors. I wanted to find a stock one with a 5 speed (kind of a must on the tranny). That way I can build it with the money from selling my tj. However I found one and want to know your opinions. Should I stick with my original idea and look for stock w/ the 5 speed or get this....

it’s a 2000 120k has the auto, also has 8.25 rear LP30 with a full traction long arm kit, np231 with sye and tom woods rear shaft, reel driveline front, 4.56 gears arb locker rear. Currie HD steering. It also has arb front bumper, rear bumper with swing out, rock sliders, roof rack sitting on 33 bfg m/ts. says the body is straight just the front grill plastic pieces that holds it together is broken(this common?) all for 5k.

Negatives are its auto and a 2000, so an lp30 but aren’t they also prone to intake or heads messing up, I know I read something like that on here. Also won’t have the joy of building it myself.

Or should I keep looking for 97-99 with a 5 speed and stock? The other thing is then I will have to wait on my tj to sell before I can start building it with the kids. Man I just don’t know what to do. I like the set up on this one for the most part. Let me know what your suggestions/thoughts are? I have read the ax15 swap but don’t know if I want to go through that trouble.