XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

sharing the addiction

Old 07-23-2018, 11:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.o
Default sharing the addiction

I am new into the jeep life and apparently now my wife wants a jeep!!! is this a common thing?? i know that i love wrenching on the jeep as much as i do driving it!!!
Old 07-24-2018, 02:32 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1,530 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Year: 2000

Originally Posted by Canadiantech
I am new into the jeep life and apparently now my wife wants a jeep!!! is this a common thing?? i know that i love wrenching on the jeep as much as i do driving it!!!
Man, you are just getting started. It gets so much worse. LOL. Do yourself a favor and stay off these forums. You will save so much money. More LOL. You will start roaming around here and see what other guys are doing to their rigs. Options that your Jeep did not come with. Thinking to yourself "I want that". Then you will start cruising Craigslist and Ebay and actually find the parts to make it happen. How do I know? Picked up an '00 about 5 years ago. Kinda running but not really driveable. Figure a little refresh and that would be it. I am older now and my days of thrashing around out there are long over. But I have owned some sort of 4X4 since I was 16. With a little luck hoping this would be the last one I would buy in my lifetime. I came around to see what other guys do as far as repairs go. Like what do you do when you bust the upper rear shock bolts. Got sucked right in. Simple little refresh my ***. Go ahead set a budget. I dare ya.

You have been warned. LOL.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:37 AM
CF Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0

It happens. Take her out 4 wheeling once, and you better start cruising craigslist to find prospective purchases. Remember....you will be the one working on it. So look for a rig that essentially you would buy for yourself. Don't let her buy it because it will end up needing more work that its worth because "it sounded like a good deal, and only needed a little fixing up"
Old 08-02-2018, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I-6

Originally Posted by WyoCherokee
It happens. Take her out 4 wheeling once, and you better start cruising craigslist to find prospective purchases. Remember....you will be the one working on it. So look for a rig that essentially you would buy for yourself. Don't let her buy it because it will end up needing more work that its worth because "it sounded like a good deal, and only needed a little fixing up"
Took my other half down to Harlan Co. Ky at the NAXJA Cherokee Crawl event. We didn't participate, just went to buy some wheels off someone. When she saw all those rigs, she was hooked ! Now I have to get her one ! She wants a Wrangler. My XJ is my third jeep. My first was a 79 CJ5, #2 a 96 ZJ. It's a sickness for sure !!! Open your wallet !
Old 08-10-2018, 09:21 AM
CF Veteran

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Mine has stolen my Jeep and I'm driving her Range Rover. She prefers the Jeep.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I-6

Smart Woman !