CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 high output
Default rocky road bar pin eliminators

I wanted to let you guys know about my experience with these guys
http://www.rocky-road.com/xjsus.html

I was hesitant to order from rocky road after reading about others experiences but i after speaking with a different company* I decided to call anyway.

http://www.rocky-road.com/xjbarpin.html

I ordered front and rear BPE's over the phone and was told they would take about a week to ship and that i would get a conformation email later that day. got the email right away and the package was at my door two days later.

I wasn't expecting too much quality wise since these are on the cheaper side but when i opened the box i was surprised. these things are pretty beefy!

I haven't installed them yet so I cant say fittment wise but once I do I will update this thread.

*at first i was going to go with rough country but when i called up to find out if RC BPE's keep the shock bushings mounted in the stock orientation the guy had no clue what i was talking about. then he told me it didn't matter.

well **** that! I'm not gonna buy a product from someone who doesn't know how it works / is designed and then lies (maybe clueless but no better ) to sell the product

for anyone who read the bad reviews as i did I'm glad i went with Rocky Road they def have my vote.

Last edited by xjheep92; 01-25-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

I was considering these:

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtr...liminator.html

Interested to know if these things do a good job at what they do, let us know and I might buy some!

Last edited by thatXJguy; 01-25-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0

sorry for the ignorance but what is a bar pin ? and why th eneed to eliminate it ?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000

Originally Posted by Kris smith
sorry for the ignorance but what is a bar pin ? and why th eneed to eliminate it ?
it says a little about them here: http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/me...ory_Code=Shock
Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 PM

A benefit I can see to using them on top of the benefits listed is that it looks like the issue of the shock mounting bolts breaking off are resolved as well
Old 01-25-2013, 10:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 2.5 4 cyl.

Originally Posted by xjheep92
I wanted to let you guys know about my experience with these guys
http://www.rocky-road.com/xjsus.html

I was hesitant to order from rocky road after reading about others experiences but i after speaking with a different company* I decided to call anyway.

http://www.rocky-road.com/xjbarpin.html

I ordered front and rear BPE's over the phone and was told they would take about a week to ship and that i would get a conformation email later that day. got the email right away and the package was at my door two days later.

I wasn't expecting too much quality wise since these are on the cheaper side but when i opened the box i was surprised. these things are pretty beefy!

I haven't installed them yet so I cant say fittment wise but once I do I will update this thread.

*at first i was going to go with rough country but when i called up to find out if RC BPE's keep the shock bushings mounted in the stock orientation the guy had no clue what i was talking about. then he told me it didn't matter.

well **** that! I'm not gonna buy a product from someone who doesn't know how it works / is designed and then lies (maybe clueless but no better ) to sell the product

for anyone who read the bad reviews as i did I'm glad i went with Rocky Road they def have my vote.
Rocky Road makes great products, its just their customer service people have a problem with. I've had their rear shackles for 3 years now and they're definitely stronger than any other shackles i've seen from other companies.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:22 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by thatXJguy
I was considering these:

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtr...liminator.html

Interested to know if these things do a good job at what they do, let us know and I might buy some!

problem with those is they rotate the bushing position making a binding point. thats why i wanted the rocky road ones as they keep the factory position. jks ones keep the factory position too but are 2x as much money and you still have to worry about dealing with the stock bolts.

i bought these to get rid of the anoying clunking from the shocks sliding on the bar pin
the bpe's squeeze the bushing so the shock eye stays put.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I never saw the need for them. Regular ol' bar pins have always worked just fine for me. I have seen it become an issue on people with shimmed rearends with the stock lower shock mounts, it just puts stress on the bushings, wearing them quicker, and people tend to think the bar pins are the issue, and don't look at the actual cause. Same with the shocks being used as the bumpstops and limit straps which can break and pull apart a bar pin.

and this quote is totally BS like many other things they claim on their website "allows for more articulation by freeing the binding nature of Bar Pins."
Old 01-26-2013, 01:44 PM
CF Veteran

my front shocks are the ones making noise. I replaced the bushings with some two piece ones ( all they had ) from crown that fit but the shock eye slides back and forth still and makes a clunking sound.

Drives me nuts so I figured i would get these and it would also help keep my shocks from being limiting straps. I'm bump stoped front and rear not worried about bottoming them out.

KTM the guy at Crown in Canton says hello

Edit
yeah I don't know what that quotes about definitely pure BS

Last edited by xjheep92; 01-26-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:50 PM

Year: 1988
Model: Wagoneer

Name:  bpe_zps30003918.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  146.6 KB

I just received this product. Shipping was good. No customer service problems for me.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 PM
CF Veteran

So you can install these in the front and rear on the XJ?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 2.5 4 cyl.

Originally Posted by thatXJguy
So you can install these in the front and rear on the XJ?
Axle side in the front, body side in the back.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:23 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by xj_maniac_newb
Axle side in the front, body side in the back.
Cool. My only annoying noises come from the front if I go over a speed bump or pot hole. Back is pretty quiet.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 PM
CF Veteran

I probably should update this thread the install was not so good. they don't fit properly. bolt holes were not drilled out to fit the Cherokee. Also the sides arnt close enough togeather to preload the bushing. I ended up cutting off one of the tabs and welding it closer then drilled the bolt slots out so they would fit. Im kinda disappointed with them I could have made some better ones my self
Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by xjheep92
I probably should update this thread the install was not so good. they don't fit properly. bolt holes were not drilled out to fit the Cherokee. Also the sides arnt close enough togeather to preload the bushing. I ended up cutting off one of the tabs and welding it closer then drilled the bolt slots out so they would fit. Im kinda disappointed with them I could have made some better ones my self
Thanks for the input. I'll keep away from these then... maybe I'll try the Rough Country ones after all.

Quick Reply: rocky road bar pin eliminators