Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L High Output
Default RC CAD vs. Adjustable LCAs

I just got my RC double shear track bar w/frame end drop bracket, and I have discovered I am going to need about another 1.5-2" of lift in order for it to fit. I'm at 3" now and plan to use some spacers in the front and RC's adjustable shackle in the rear to get the lift I need. It's a 2WD so no SYE or anything needed, and if I'm not mistaken the shackle will actually put my pinion at a slightly better angle. My concern is the front end, and the ride quality after adding the extra inches. I will either be getting RC's adjustable LCAs or RC's control arm drop kit and using my stock arms. From what I understand, my stock uppers will be fine if I go with the LCAs, the upper hand here being the adjustability. Although I will be at almost 5" of lift on short arms if I go with the LCAs and I can only imagine how my ride quality will be. Here's where the CAD kit comes in. I can use my stock arms (the truck doesn't get wheeled super hard so they should hold up, they've help up so far!) maybe just replace their bushings, and then my CA angles would be closer to stock. I assume at about 4.5-5" of lift my caster would still be ok on the stock arms/CAD? Basically my question is what would you do? And if anyone is running a similar seup (CAD w/stock arms at a similar lift height, or Adjustable LCAs only at similar lift height) has any insight for me. All the parts would go on at the same time, along with the lift and new trackbar setup and a drop pitman arm. I just want all wobbles gone and my suspension to be set up good and ride as smooth as I can (I know it's a Jeep and don't mind a rough ride, but a would like something better than bone-jarring!) Thanks in advance!