Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default NEW TIRES

anyone running the new bfg krawlers ? im thinking about getting a set in 35's either those or maybe the putbull rockers
Old 10-22-2010, 09:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

Krawlers and Pitbulls are nice but if you see any street time I'd avoid both cause you won't get much over 20k on them and they are a bit pricey. Pitbulls are heavier and the sidewalls take a while to break in but they work well in most anything you throw at them.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:38 PM

Year: 1989 Laredo
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6 Renix

must be a strickly trail rig I'm guessing.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:03 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997

It's strictly trail but does get driven on the streets to get to the spots , what about the km2s ? They don't seem bad and I found a guy selling 5 of em on black aluminum wheels for 800 bucks , kinda hard to pass that up there practicly brand new but I'm not a fan of the aluminum wheels for a trail rig
Old 10-23-2010, 10:35 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1993

Originally Posted by DEVILSTOY
It's strictly trail but does get driven on the streets to get to the spots , what about the km2s ? They don't seem bad and I found a guy selling 5 of em on black aluminum wheels for 800 bucks , kinda hard to pass that up there practicly brand new but I'm not a fan of the aluminum wheels for a trail rig
It depends on what kind of trails you do. I do rocks and mountain trails, and I don't run anything but aluminum because I can air down lower than with steel rims without bead locks. Lots of guys say they run steel because they can take a hammer and bend them back so they will hold a bead, I've never seen it work if they were bent very much. I've ran aluminum rims on my wheeling rigs for the last 15 plus years and never broke one. ( but I usually run MT or Ultra rims )
Old 10-23-2010, 11:59 PM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by DEVILSTOY
I have KM2's and Krawlers. They both do well offroad. If this is a trail rig only, get some Krawlers. They have a little more bite due to the wider gaps and have thicker sidewalls. They are not too bad on the street, either, so driving them to the spots is no issue.

I have no experience with the Pitbulls, so cannot offer a comparison. Also, I agree with the above on aluminum rims. I have almost 20 years on american racing outlaw 1 and 2s, (half of that was riding passenger while growing up) and have never had a problem. It is my opinion that a smash into a rock or whatever that will destroy an aluminum rim would be pretty devastating to a steel wheel as well. But, if you get the KM2s with alums, just sell or trade them after you take the tires.
But if it is in the cards, you should go for the Krawlers or Pitbulls. You might as well get a trail only type tire for a trail only rig
Old 10-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 89

my buddy has km2s and he loves them. they seem to do great. alot of guys were running km2s at king of the hammers last year so you know they have plenty of traction on the rocks, dirt ect

i vote to buy federal mts though or goodyear mtrs but thats just me