My kl trailhawk vs anyones xj up country

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2014
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.4 Tiger Shark
Default My kl trailhawk vs anyones xj up country

ok, here is the deal, we want to know which will go better.. So if anyone in or near East Tennessee would like to meet up at WINDROCK PARK in Oliver Springs TN.. I would like to put these 2 rides on the same trail.. and see which can go farther..
several of us want to see this happen.. not for bragging rights or none of that.. but just to see if all this tech on these new cherokees is actually worth having..
So with all DUE RESPECT... Im Calling YOU OUT UP COUNTRY OWNERS! where you at! lol..
Old 10-16-2014, 01:10 PM

Year: 1999

Post videos! I'd like to see this... Good luck finding someone with a stock Up Country. I wonder how much the wear and tear of years of use will factor into it.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 Liter I6 PowerTech

If my Jeep was still stock, I'd be down. It had the upcountry suspension on it from the factory. I'd be really interested in seeing a head to head comparison. Too bad mine's lifted now
Old 10-16-2014, 03:00 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door
Engine: 4.0

fly me out and put me behind the wheel of any stock 4x4 XJ and I'll gladly be your participant
the idea is that both rigs will go about the same distance, but I'm willing to slam a $1000 xj way deeper into a trail than you are in your new 2014
so I'd win
Old 10-16-2014, 04:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The post should read any XJ with the half amount of money invested or quite a bit less as a new one then see how far behind the new ones fail.............way, way behind.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0 Litre

Originally Posted by Fred/N0AZZ
The post should read any XJ with the half amount of money invested or quite a bit less as a new one then see how far behind the new ones fail.............way, way behind.
That would be a different comparison. That wouldn't show which cherokee was a better trail rig. Your comparison is simply how good a rig you can BUILD with a certain amount of money and shows nothing other than who can build a better rig it had nothing to do with which one started out more capable.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000

The guy that is willing to put dents in his jeep will win.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:31 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

Like I said in the Southeast section, I don't have an up country, mine's a sport, but I'll step up for us lowly XJs. Mines close to stock and both of us are running 4.56s. I'm going to guess he has quite a bit more money in his but I have a lot less care about the condition of mine and my right foot weighs about 8 pounds.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an 87 XJ that was stock I am positive Ive taken that up stuff my YJ's,TJ, and Current XJ would only dream about but it was a $300 rig I hacked the fenders installed 31's welded the rear diff and used a no ****s given approach. It was dented to ****, flopped and rolled a few times. that was a fun rig its a shame it only lasted 4 months before the b pillar was crushed in while beating it up
Old 10-17-2014, 09:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by black label
That would be a different comparison. That wouldn't show which cherokee was a better trail rig. Your comparison is simply how good a rig you can BUILD with a certain amount of money and shows nothing other than who can build a better rig it had nothing to do with which one started out more capable.

No it means everything "Money Talks" in a loud clear voice. If comparing new vs. old you should have been at the race track (Drag Strip) when my old wagon running through the mufflers and Drag Radials would race new sports cars American to imports for money. At the lights they would be smiling till the lights went green and my front wheels were 2' off the ground then at the finish line when they paid up it was a bit different.

Even a new import like the new Cherokee has its good points in fact I would like to run against it with my 04 GC, it has what you could call a Up Package on the Overland Edition.

Like another post said it all depends on how your willing to drive it and where you will go. I have lockers and a winch when the lockers get me in trouble the winch pulls me out.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0 Litre

Originally Posted by Fred/N0AZZ

No it means everything "Money Talks" in a loud clear voice. If comparing new vs. old you should have been at the race track (Drag Strip) when my old wagon running through the mufflers and Drag Radials would race new sports cars American to imports for money. At the lights they would be smiling till the lights went green and my front wheels were 2' off the ground then at the finish line when they paid up it was a bit different.

Even a new import like the new Cherokee has its good points in fact I would like to run against it with my 04 GC, it has what you could call a Up Package on the Overland Edition.

Like another post said it all depends on how your willing to drive it and where you will go. I have lockers and a winch when the lockers get me in trouble the winch pulls me out.
Again you're completely missing the point of comparing these vehicles in stock form. But since you can't understand that, you take a modified XJ someone else can take a stock new cherokee, an I'll drive over both of them with a unimog.

I guess all jeeps suck because a unimog can drive over them.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:25 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 97

Originally Posted by black label
Again you're completely missing the point of comparing these vehicles in stock form. But since you can't understand that, you take a modified XJ someone else can take a stock new cherokee, an I'll drive over both of them with a unimog.

I guess all jeeps suck because a unimog can drive over them.
Bring on the Mog. Don't think you'll be driving over mine. I've actually wheeled with one and I like them but this particular one was way to big for the trail and it was basically stock. Just way to long.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:38 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997

Originally Posted by Atmos
fly me out and put me behind the wheel of any stock 4x4 XJ and I'll gladly be your participant
the idea is that both rigs will go about the same distance, but I'm willing to slam a $1000 xj way deeper into a trail than you are in your new 2014
so I'd win
this I can see, cheap xj to thrash will get thrashed
Old 10-17-2014, 10:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Demonoid369
this I can see, cheap xj to thrash will get thrashed
Yea I would take the 1000$ xj any day of the week. There are places you will take it that you would never take the new one.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:25 PM

Year: 1991
Engine: 4.H.O.

Man if only I was in TN... I'd bring out the lowly la-REDO, sounds like it be a lot of fun!

Quick Reply: My kl trailhawk vs anyones xj up country