Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

the most trouble you have gotten in with your xj?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: i6
Default the most trouble you have gotten in with your xj?

Alright story time i quess. I am wondering who in here has gotten in the most trouble by the po-lice, but you had to of been driving your xj when it happened.

Parking on snowbanks at school, got yelled at by our rent-a-cop now i have to spend $20 on a parking permit, and i have detention for a week. I think he was jealous that he couldn't get his cruiser up on it.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:24 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0

during christmas time at the mall, exspensive car owners like to take up 2 spots when there is like no parking to begin with. I like parking as close as I can get to them and 99.9% of the time I am up on a curb on one side, did it once to a corvette, didnt get a parking ticket, but a cop told me no after he proceeded to laugh at the idea and write the other guy a ticket.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0L

GOt chased by a guy that lives next to the in-laws monday nite cuz I was doing burn outs at 11 o clock at nite. He was drunk and brought a basebat with him. He came got in my face after I got back and told me if I did another burnout in front of his house he was going flaten my tire next time I was there. I left for home five mins later and burnt them down. The next day he came over and said sorry he was drunk, ect
Old 01-09-2010, 10:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

several fender flare tickets, a few court appearances and some crooked cops in one town i used to frequent. went to court a few times and left without having to pay nothing but a court fee because i fixed it by then. then the cops would pull me over and write tickets for violations i didnt commit.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:30 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998 XJ
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by finneys98xj
GOt chased by a guy that lives next to the in-laws monday nite cuz I was doing burn outs at 11 o clock at nite. He was drunk and brought a basebat with him. He came got in my face after I got back and told me if I did another burnout in front of his house he was going flaten my tire next time I was there. I left for home five mins later and burnt them down. The next day he came over and said sorry he was drunk, ect
No disrespect but I would have to agree with the other guy on this. Even if i wasn't drunk
Old 01-09-2010, 12:00 PM

Year: 1990

got a huge lecture by a friendly local deputy after i got tired of waiting in a jack in the box drive thru and took the "scenic route"out. you know, over curb and rocks, down a hill ,across the sidewalk and down to the street. man i love my jeep!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:04 PM

Engine: I6 with new motor :)

got in yelled at by cops for having no flairs and covers over my lights on my roof didnt get anything out of it
Old 01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998
Engine: Inline 6

got chased out by a farmer in his land. that night were doing donuts in his crop land and shooting and old beer cans with my 12 guage. turns out he had planted his whole land with corn for the new crop season. he jumped in his quad and was shooting at us. old fart never caught up with us. but we never went back there.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L I6

came off a trail one time on a slightly busy road, and in alabama we got mud everywhere! so my tires are covered in mud so im pullin out and right when i get up to speed a cop passes right by me coming the other way.....about that time my tires start slinging the mud all over the road and everywhere and gets all over his windshield and patrol car, so i take off hoping to lose him, traffic is picking up and he cant turn around in time to catch me and i take a little back road i know of and get away it was crazy
Old 01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L 6cyl

we were at the mall parking lot sleding behind my jeep and the mall rent a cop came out. he flashed his light at us so we drove over there thinking we were gonna get in trouble but he just wanted to try it so we let him
Old 01-09-2010, 06:07 PM

Year: 1996 XJ Sport 2007 KJ Rubicon
Engine: 242 4.0 Ho, 226 3.7 V6

Got cursed out and threatened by a "park police" officer out in the wallpack for doing a u-turn in a "wildlife management area" because his truck was blocking the one lane dirt game road. I had dry, flat, faded mud on the heep from screwing around at a friends farm, and he claimed i went baha'in through the field. Then got pulled over by a local pd a town or two away from mine. Gave me a "unsafe vehicle violation" for going doorless. I had the floor pans on order so all it had was a drivers seat. He was concerned "for my passengers safety". Tried to impound it, somehow talked my way out of it. Then before he let me go he put away. The department cellphone and took out a bright Orange envy and took a pic of the jeep. The icing on the cake was the Cj in front of me whose inside of the tires stuck out past the body that just drove on without question.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:23 PM

Year: 1992, 1996
Engine: inline 6

haha man Im lucky Ive done all sorts of stuff like this and never been caught, well at least in xj

edit. actually i guess i could put running from crazy drunk and high rednecks with 7 people on board and flying off a 4ft drop into a foot of water, and i was the only one with a seatbelt

Last edited by 99rockies; 01-09-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:34 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0 lt. 242 cu.in.

I was on state gameland, and I was going to do anything I was just driving slow for the scenery. but I had gone offroading elsewhere ealier in the week, so my jeep was covered in mud. Well this was in the middle of deer season, and a game warden started following me, so I did a u-turn and started going back the way I came. When I passed the warden he got out of his yota and tried looking at my license plate with binocs. scared the crap outa me, even though I didnt do anything wrong.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:24 PM
aka Wade-O

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1989 Comanche

loitering outside a fast food place. however, all of use were eating food from the fast food place, but it was nice out so we didnt want to eat inside. we were just sitting on the tailgates or curb. and yes, the restaurant called us in. good way to keep business.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2001

i was in mexico this one time and i was towing my friends down the road on sleds.

well, it was actually 4 of them, and it was a main road and they all where fighting....

fun game

Quick Reply: the most trouble you have gotten in with your xj?