Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 09:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Lift finally on, thanks for your help

Ok well i got the lift in finally, after a very long and tiring night me and my buddy got it on. we started at around 2 yesterday afternoon and finished up at about 3-4 this morning. takeing small breaks to eat and stuff. Thinking the rear would be the hardest of the kit to put on we started with that so we would have day light to help us see. removing the u bolts went smoothly as well as the leafs, first concern was the upper shock bolts that everyone said are bound to breake. after removing the lower bolt for the rear shocks we attempted to take the top ones off, 2 out of the 4 broke (one on each shock) we ended up ripping the carpet up in the rear and drilling small holes in the froor and fishing a nut and washer down, so after that the rear was completed. I was feeling pretty pumped to do the front thinking it was gonna go on alot smoother then the back, so we unbolted everything pretty fast we broke 1 more shock bolt in the front and a bolt for the sway bar along the way, it was time to drop the axle to slide the coils in. what a mistake that was. the axle wouldnt drop low enough to pull out and put the new coils on so we ended up having to disconnect the lower control arms to be able to drop the axle even lower. once we got the coils on then the real problem started. the axle shifted in the process so when we went to put the arms back on we couldnt get the holes to line up, we tryed everything we could think of but we couldnt figure it out we didnt have a comalong or nothing to pull the axle forward too make the holes line up. so after thinking and being very tired we finally came up with a plan and used a bottle jack and wedged it between the axle and the frame and used it to move the axle. so after a long night we finished up and now the kits on, i brought it to the shop to get a alignment and fix some wheel studs should have it back by noon i took some before and after photos ill post them up when i get it back. thanks to everyone who helpd me and awnser my posts when i had questions, when i couldnt get the lower arms back on i kinda went into panic mode after all this it was worth it because now my jeep looks wickd nice and i cant wait to hit the trails but in the long run i think next time ill pay someone to do it lol

Last edited by jeepxj19; 10-30-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 92
Engine: 4.0

cool, lets get some pics up.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:01 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998