XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jeep Parts - One Stop Shop? (89 XJ)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Jeep Parts - One Stop Shop? (89 XJ)

Hey Everyone.

Picked up my first Cherokee (actually 1st 4x4) about a month ago and I'm almost financially ready to get it all set up... Well at least get it lifted and trail ready that is.

Where's the best place to get started on parts? Is there a site that is everything 4x4 or jeep specific that I can piece together everything I need?

Here's a brief overview of what I'm looking for:

*Lift kit: 3.5" - 5.5" "indestructible" Long Arm kit, preferably with shocks and stabilizer.
*HD tie rod and drag link (I guess if needed, probably depends on the lift kit I decide to go with)
*SYE: If I recall I have a NP242 though which I believe means a HackNtap kit? (I'll have to double check the tcase)
*CV Rear Driveshaft
*Diff covers for D30 and D44 (preferably steel)
*Drum/Brake kit for D44 (got one from a PnP during their 50% off memorial day sale)
*MISC??

Not sure if I'm missing anything just yet. Hardest part is so far is picking the right lift kit and a lot of the information seems to be very opinionated...

So if you guys have any favorite sites that may have most of that stuff I'd appreciate any recommendations! Thanks.

PS: If you have any coupon codes for any site that would be awesome as well!!
Old 05-31-2014, 11:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Look around on http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.com/ hes a vendor on here.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:17 AM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 I6

Or here, there's a lot of sites man just research that's how I had to do it for like 4 years

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/?mobilethemetest=3

Last edited by Chuck82; 06-01-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
Look around on http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.com/ hes a vendor on here.
Originally Posted by Chuck82
Or here, there's a lot of sites man just research that's how I had to do it for like 4 years

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/?mobilethemetest=3

Have either of you bought from those sites? Good, bad neutral experiences?
Old 06-01-2014, 02:07 AM
CF Veteran

I have not yet but a lot of people on this forum have and never had a problem.The owners name is frank hes on here a lot and a real stand up guy i trust him.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:59 AM

Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by popinadam
Have either of you bought from those sites? Good, bad neutral experiences?
Yeah I have been buying from Jeep4x4 for a while now they're prices are pretty damn good, also they're customer service is awesome! I always find my stuff at my door a day early
Old 06-01-2014, 12:00 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0

I have bought most of my suspension (4 1/2" lift) and a bunch of other stuff from Rustys Off Road about $4000 or so with them.

Quadratech (sp) I have quite a bit of business there also lots of misc. sye, shocks, winch, Hi-Lift Jack, recovery items checked the receipts from them the other day but have lost some $2800.

Roxolid Trail Armor XJ Bumpers best prices on the web.

Summit, Jeg's, eBay, CL, Google is your friend, shop around. Some will bad mouth some places or parts and praise others yet have never owned a single item of either. I have found that some here tend to come along at times and posts parroting of hear say funny how that stuff goes. These are people I have done business with, more than half a dozen purchases from at the least.

Last edited by Fred/N0AZZ; 06-01-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Grab an NP231 from the JY and get this:
http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.co...-NP231J-T-case

http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.co...r-Dana-30-Axle

http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.co...r-Dana-44-Axle

http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.co...ath=1231_2092&
Old 06-01-2014, 02:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

And BTW...

WELCOME TO CF!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998

Rustys is pretty budget friendly and has it all
Old 06-01-2014, 06:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by BigSquirrly89
Rustys is pretty budget friendly and has it all
Rustys is not budget friendly once you add shipping. Also I can attest to their quality or shall I say lack of quality and standing behind their products. I've had springs fail with in 2 weeks of installing they tried to pass blame on me for wheeling at Rausch creek the same weekend as a comp. Then they blamed the spring manufacturer. I finally got spring but months later after I replaced them with RE.

Then address the tierod I had from them was it beefy sure how long did it last about 2-3 months until the bungs wallowed out and the tierod end would pull in and out of the rod when turning I called them up to warranty what do you know they passed the blame again and said that since the tierod was not bent it was not covered.

All I can say is **** Rustys offroad and their garbage.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Tom95YJ
Rustys is not budget friendly once you add shipping. Also I can attest to their quality or shall I say lack of quality and standing behind their products. I've had springs fail with in 2 weeks of installing they tried to pass blame on me for wheeling at Rausch creek the same weekend as a comp. Then they blamed the spring manufacturer. I finally got spring but months later after I replaced them with RE.

Then address the tierod I had from them was it beefy sure how long did it last about 2-3 months until the bungs wallowed out and the tierod end would pull in and out of the rod when turning I called them up to warranty what do you know they passed the blame again and said that since the tierod was not bent it was not covered.

I've been misled then lol how is zone then?
Old 06-01-2014, 06:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by BigSquirrly89
I've been misled then lol how is zone then?
Zone is decent , they are sister companies to BDS which is a top notch company , They both were owned by SporttruckUsa which was recently purchased by Fox Racing.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Seasoned Member

Awsome info thanks
Old 06-01-2014, 09:59 PM

Nice, thanks for the quick and easy list, I like that! Any disadvantages to the 4.5" rig? I'm trying to keep as low of a COG as possible.

Any need for a stabilizer with the set-up?

Is there any visual indicator to the np231 vs the np242 that I'll notice right off the bat? I don't mind heading back to the JY asap if I know what I'm looking for.

Originally Posted by SeriousOffroad
And BTW...

WELCOME TO CF!!!

Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Tom95YJ

I have seen their shipping prices and at least to me (Cali) they're in the $300s just for the lift kit and goes up from there.

Originally Posted by Chuck82
Yeah I have been buying from Jeep4x4 for a while now they're prices are pretty damn good, also they're customer service is awesome! I always find my stuff at my door a day early

I did check them out as well, they have quite a bit. I'd either go with the RC or RE kit if I was to choose from them. Although I've heard mixed reviews on RC kits, which might sway me towards the RE kit.

Thanks for the info so far!!

Quick Reply: Jeep Parts - One Stop Shop? (89 XJ)