XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Hidden Wounds XJ

Old 03-07-2014, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Hidden Wounds XJ

Hey everyone, been a while since I have been on here, for some reason I went full YOTA, they told me later, never go full YOTA. Anyway, I want to tell you guys about a project I am trying to get off the ground, it is called Hidden Wounds XJ, I am a Army Veteran of Operation Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom, as the results of my total of 4 deployments I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) are often called Hidden Wounds, no visible wounds or scars, these were called "Shell Shock" & "Battle Fatigue" in the past, far too many of our Veterans are returning with these Hidden Wounds and are not getting the help or support they need, there is an average of 22 Veterans/Service Member committing suicide daily, I am getting the help I need and I want to do my part to lower that number.

So I want to build up a Jeep Cherokee and take it around to different events like Off Road events, car shows, Military & Veterans events, and educate the general public about PTSD & TBI, it seems like everyone knows someone that has deployed, maybe that person isn't the same as before they left, my mom was the one that told me I was different and I finally go help.

So this build is going to take some money, the majority of the money is going to come out of my wallet, but it would be awesome to get some help. I am selling stickers to help, they are 1 for $8 or 2 for $15, I also have a raffle that's been going on for little while and ends Mar 9th, it is for some Currie Enterprises Swag, to get in the raffle it is only $1 per entry, you can send money for the stickers (with info of color and how many) and raffle entries to my PayPal at: hwxj@bak.rr.com, I also accept donation at that PayPal account.

I do have a Facebook page that is going to follow the build, so go over and like the page please: www.facebook.com/hiddenwoundsxj

I have a website that is always a work in progress: www.hiddenwoundsxj.com

Here are what the stickers look like:
Name:  colorstickers_zps80072813.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  31.2 KB

here is the Currie Swag:
Name:  CurrieSWAG_zps9262f25f.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  58.7 KB
Old 03-07-2014, 09:54 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1995

Well I'm sure your Yota is more reliable than our Jeeps.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by 95Cherokee
Well I'm sure your Yota is more reliable than our Jeeps.
No more Yota's sticking with made in USA stuff
Old 03-07-2014, 12:19 PM

Year: '93
Engine: 2.5L I4 (Mercedes Turbo Diesel planned)

First thing I'd have to say is thank you for your service! I understand PTSD can be really unbearable and it's sad to hear it gets the better of so many warriors everyday.

If I could afford it right now, I'd buy up a few of those Hidden Wounds stickers for my Jeep. They look great and are for an even better cause! Keep up the great work!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999

Thank u for your service, don't ever give up!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

Hey man thanks for your service! Luckily I escaped my deployments with minor physical injuries and no real bad PTSD. I hope you are doing well now. I think all of us change a little bit when put in a scenario like that- certainly affects some more than others even within the same events. Some of my buddies were really messed up and luckily the rest of us have finally gotten most of them some much needed help. It's not fun watching someone's life get ruined like that. I am also happy to see that they are finally helping out the Vietnam era vets too. Unfortunately as you stated, there are many who suffer and don't get the help they need. I hate reading the suicide stats for the Army... both active/vets.

I really like your idea and would love to help you out but I am unfortunately always leery of things like this after seeing some of the terrible scams people run collecting money from the misfortunes of soldiers. After I got out, I stuck around Fort Polk, LA working a GS job and found out I had given a fairly significant chunk of money to false wounded warrior collectors... pissed me off and made me cautious. So how do you plan on educating the public? Are you going to paint the Jeep/hand out flyers? What are your plans? I am not trying to bust you out and will more than likely buy some from you... Unfortunately in this world, I just like to make sure it is going to the right place.

Last edited by Ianf406; 03-07-2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ianf406
So how do you plan on educating the public? Are you going to paint the Jeep/hand out flyers? What are your plans? I am not trying to bust you out and will more than likely buy some from you... Unfortunately in this world, I just like to make sure it is going to the right place.

I fully understand how you could be concern, once the build is pretty much complete, I will start going to events, I will have the XJ in some type of pose shot, I think I will go with a wrap after I have it painted, the wrap will have different organizations logos and military & Veteran pictures focusing on PTSD & TBI. I am hoping with the XJ built up and wrapped it will get peoples attention. I will have some tables out with different organizations information (flyers, business cards, etc..). I will also educate myself with the different organizations. After going to a Project Odyssey event with the Wounded Warrior Project in January to Telluride, CO, and spending a week with other Veterans with PTSD and other mental and physical disabilities, I finally realized I really wanted to do get this project going, I had been thinking about it for a little while and that trip made me say yes, lets get this rolling.

The majority of the build will be from my own pocket, I have only sold 3 stickers so far, I am not really butt hurt about that, I understand people will not but once I get my back pay from the VA is when the project will really take off, I already have 2 manufactures stepping up and donating their products when the build is under way.

I know this will not fully convince you, but that's ok, if you get a chance when the build starts follow along, maybe I will see you at an event.

these pics are from the WWP event I went on this past January
Name:  20140116_114127_zps3a41b676.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  140.3 KB
Name:  20140116_094833_zps9517af6a.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  124.6 KB

We each got 2 instructors for skiing
Name:  20140115_125428_zpsfcca041d.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  139.0 KB
Old 03-08-2014, 11:21 AM
CF Veteran

Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

Hey that's enough for me. I just want to make sure I don't get some kid some new shocks or something haha. Sent you some via paypal. Pm will follow with details. Good luck man!
Old 03-08-2014, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ianf406
Hey that's enough for me. I just want to make sure I don't get some kid some new shocks or something haha. Sent you some via paypal. Pm will follow with details. Good luck man!

thanks for the support
Old 03-08-2014, 03:58 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by TheBigDogg
thanks for the support

Thank you man! Hope you sell more. Will probably hit you up again down the road when I have some more expendable cash.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:59 PM

No problem, I plan in making t-shirt and different types of decals here soon
Old 03-09-2014, 07:23 PM

Congrats to Ian Farnes (Ianf406), he won the first Hidden Wounds XJ raffle, he won some Currie Enterprises swag. Thanks Ian for your support.

Name:  CurrieSWAG_zps9262f25f.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  58.7 KB
Old 03-09-2014, 10:01 PM

Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0L I6

I completely support this thread. Can't wait to see this project take off.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:12 PM
CF Veteran

Awesome! Thanks man! Keep us updated!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:49 PM
CF Veteran

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts
Year: 1988
Engine: I6 4.0

Sounds like a great build and project for a really good cause. Thank you for your sevices, i'm going to post your website on my offroad group's page, i'm sure more than a few of them will be very interested in those stickers. Looking forward to reading up on everything as time goes on. Good luck and may the road ahead be easy, but rocky and muddy, very muddy with fun of course.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hidden Wounds XJ