Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gotta go outside and give my XJ a hug and kiss

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Gotta go outside and give my XJ a hug and kiss

When I first got my XJ (Cost me only $1,500), few of my friends were telling me I was making a horrible mistake (because my XJ had 225K miles at the time) Yet... It has never failed me. It always got me from point A to B.
I would work on it at least once a week even if it don't need to simply because I want to take damn good care of it; Plus there has been many minor problems that are easily repaired and am pouring tons of money into it.
I always get crap for this.

Few months ago, a friend bought a Toyota with around 120K miles for $2,500 that was suppose to be in perfect working condition. He spent about two months looking for the vehicle... Just two weeks later he found out he need to had his whole cooling system replaced!

Just today I found out my other friend who have a 2005 Chevy truck that had 200K miles on it and cost him $4,000 who haven't even drove it 10K miles had to get his truck in for numerous repairs. The whole thing would end up cost him nearly another $4,000! Sad thing is, most of those problems, I could have fix myself pretty easily as well!

This made me even more grateful for my XJ and love it even more! I really hope I can make it last at least 400K miles, if not more! I LOVE this jeep to death! Would never ever get caught dead driving in anything not a pre 2000 Jeep!
Can't wait until I have a TJ or CJ as well!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:43 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

every vehicle is going to have it's share of problems eventually but the one thing I really like about my cherokee, that I have never experienced with any other vehicle, is the pleasure I get from working on it. I cannot explain it.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:38 PM

Yeah, my jeep do have its own problem. I'd probably say more than most cars, but when it do... It is just a minor thing that can be fix on your own for less $50.

Yet everybody who was giving me crap about having a jeep and working on it a lot wind up spend way more money on their car that doesn't even have nearly as much mileage as my jeep and on top of that they cannot even fix it themselves. They had to drag it to the shop.

That's why I'm so grateful I never listen to them when they were telling me that jeep is crappy car.