done posting

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default done posting

just about every post I have made lately has been questioned or disputed and that is fine...I am a retired heavy duty mechanic, but guess I lost something along the way....I will concentrate on welcoming newbies and reading for my own personal help, but am done being called crazy and made to feel stupid...
Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0l

you shouldnt take it personal, atleast I dont.If you know your right thats good, if someone doubts your info, let them.later on they learn the hard way.some people here talk from experience, others from what they think.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4WD 5.2L MFI 8cyl

I agree I just bought my first jeep its a 94 grand cherokee I know nothing about them any ideas
Old 09-30-2011, 07:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gonna stop posting, your crazy. Sorry I had to.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 Straight 6

Originally Posted by dvfalcone
I agree I just bought my first jeep its a 94 grand cherokee I know nothing about them any ideas
Same here dude. My jeep is my first 4 wheel drive rig and I'm totally learning stuff on the fly using this site and several other jeep sites. Try and see if there is jeep club near where you live. I live about 15 mins from a local jeep club myself and the guy that runs it is an ASC certified jeep mechanic so that's pretty handy. Look around online and around where you live for jeep clubs. Also, pick up a factory service manual or a Chilton or Haynes manual...the FSM is the way to go but they can be pricey.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:04 PM

Cool ty I have had a f350 long bed four door for years the motor blew and I heard alot of good things about jeeps so I bought one I love it so far thank you for the advice
Old 09-30-2011, 08:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 99

Well... To each their own. Ive taken to using the opening line "in general, and this ain't a rule, ..." and then so on with my post.
Either that or I passive aggressively complain about them in another thread. idk. I hope I have never insulted your knowledge and hope you will reconsider. Peace.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:36 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 99

Welcome to the world of jeepin, btw. It's awesome. If you have old or original parts then get ready to do some replacin of parts if your wheeling it.
Do some basic maintenance things before you go out on the trail... If you haven't already checked all the fluids, now is a good time. The oil should be pretty obvious, I hope.. Your coolant should be green. If it's brownish, reddish then you need to flush o system. Your heater core may be slightly plugged, as most older jeeps' are. There are plenty of threads on this, or you tube. Then there's the diff oil, once again- search function..
After that, check over your ignition/firing system as well as steering, driveline and suspension components.
There are a few basic things to look over under the hood and underneath your jeep that will do a quick visual/physical inspection. Get it on a code reader and make sure everything is in order. A good garage will generally do this for free.
Your best bet is to get somebody who knows jeeps and has a lift.. Get it on their lift and have them walk you thru everything you will want to check- drive shafts, joints, bushings, tre's, etc...
Idk, like I said, search here and on the net for answers and look for current threads that pertain to your situation. Best of luck!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:53 PM

Ty for the info and advice
Old 09-30-2011, 08:59 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 stock

Originally Posted by xjforfishing
just about every post I have made lately has been questioned or disputed and that is fine...I am a retired heavy duty mechanic, but guess I lost something along the way....I will concentrate on welcoming newbies and reading for my own personal help, but am done being called crazy and made to feel stupid...
Part of posting on an internet forum is dealing with flack, disagreement and anonymous internet warriors. Like was said... don't take it personally. There are few really good forums out there... Very few that I have more than 1k posts. Cherokee forum is one of them.

Not trying to offend here but if you are not posting anymore or are leaving.... just do it. Posting about how you aren't going to post anymore or are leaving the forum makes people think you just want attention.

Chin up soldier... hope you reconsider and see you in the tech forums
Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1994 1993

Originally Posted by xjforfishing
Aww don't feel that way. If you have some input which can help someone please feel free to jump in. I see the post which I think prompted you to feel this way. I know some people are'nt as tactful as we'd like so if we (Anyone) posts something which is perhaps incorrect they can maybe bring it to our attention or disagree in a more polite and friendly manner.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Engine: 5.2 v8

As stated already, don't take it too personal, there will always be some sort of disagreement on the Internet....

CF is more friendly than not, and a pretty fun community to be a part of, don't let a few bumps in the road scare you off!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:34 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1990
Engine: 4 liter

I find alot of times when i post something and some one "disagrees" with me really they just word it differently or they just simply have a different method sometimes in my opinion better or sometimes worse lol but generally I either take it and learn from it by incorporating it into a better method for me or deciding the poster's way is just more complex and as such water off my back.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:56 AM
CF Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Year: 1989 xj sport 2dr
Engine: 12 hole bosch Injectors

gotta remember these young guys now it all.....lol.....
Old 10-01-2011, 03:29 AM
Registered Users

Engine: 4.0ho

ARE YOU CRAZY 12.5 IS A PERFECT CHARGE!

LOLOLOLOL (search his recent posts if you don't get it)

People fix a few things on one vehicle and suddenly they are a master mechanic. It happens. I'm a mechanic, when the shop I worked for went out of business (owner died) I took a job in a parts store. 6 months later basically quit **** that place,
To prove everyone in the entire world is a raging idiot except a few, I'll share with you the number one occourance.

Thank you for calling autozone this is X speaking how may I help you?

"Yeah I need some parts"

15 weeks go by.

me: sighs, what vehicle?

or how about the people who dont know what motor it is, or whats worse WHAT YEAR IT IS.

I hate people.

Quick Reply: done posting