XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Dog Hair vs Neoprene Seat Covers ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I-6
Default Dog Hair vs Neoprene Seat Covers ?

Ok, so my baby girl is with me 24/7. She's like, my therapy dog ! After I got her, my Dr took me off my blood pressure meds ! She goes everywhere with me, most times no leash or collar ! Everybody loves her everywhere we go. My mail lady brings her real cheese snacks ! She keeps a brick of Gouda with her, and bites off big pieces to give to her when she comes. The UPS and Fedex gang all know her, thanks to my XJ !!! She goes in with me at Lowes, Tractor Supply, Rural King is one of her favorites !!! All of the local pet shops, the bank, DMV. I honestly believe, that she prefers Advance over Orielly's ??? This big ol gal is about 2-1/2 yrs old, weighs over 100lbs, and I built her a special set of steps so she can just walk up into bed !!! Yeah,,, she sleeps with me every night, just like a little puppy!!! Here's a pic of my brown eyed baby girl This is Miss Bailey!!!
I'm disabled, she has been my best friend !!! I would get rid of my jeep before losing her !!! By the way, she loves the jeep, it's hers, that's the way American Bulldogs are !!! She always rides shotgun !!! She loves cruisin' and four wheeling !!! Anyways, the only bad part is that if another dog starts any crap, she ends it quickly, the Pit, is still there, and,,, she sheds !!! I raised her to love everybody, and to play well with other dogs. The little heal nippers are the worse. She wants to play, about half of them have little dog syndrome!!! She has two cats, she loves and adores kitties !!! Well, enough rambling, I was wondering how the Neoprene seat covers do with dog hair, as far as clean-up is concerned. Otherwise, I'm just going to find a nice set of leather seats !!!
Old 05-22-2018, 04:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 L6

She's a beauty. She looks like she could easily pass as an American Bulldog rather than APBT.

Sorry, I can't answer your question.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:43 AM

Year: 1998/2018
Engine: 4.0/ 3.2

Beautiful girl you got there! This is a good post hopefully someone has experience with this because I am also looking for the same info. I've been looking for front and rear covers for 2018 Cherokee Altitude weather tech makes some really nice front covers that are waterproof and they have a rear cover but it looks like it may impeed with the way the rear seats fold individually. Does anyone know if there is a company that makes fitted covers for a 18 Cherokee? This is my 6mo old German Shepherd
Named Miak. (Pronounce Mee-Ka)
She also goes everywhere with me
And loves both of my jeeps lol.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:41 AM
CF Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0

If she has the same barbed hair as my pointer did....its a royal pain to get out of Fabric. The neoprene is slightly better, as hair can be removed with duct tape or packing tape. I found the best, are cordura type fabric covers like Cabelas or Carhartt or Headwaters/Marathon.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:29 PM

My baby girl is an American Bulldog 100%. Your German Shepherd is beautiful!!! Mine was a Xmas present, best I've ever had!!! I really didn't want a dog. It was my other's thing !!! It's a long commitment and a totally different way of life !!! I am home 24/7, that really cements the bond. If I were to have chosen, it would have been a German Shepherd first, but if a smaller dog, a plain old Beagle!!! I have always loved the the little B&W Boston Terriers too. Though I've never cared much for heal nippers and yappers !!! Cordura,,, maybe ? My babe loves water, I never tell her no to getting in, that's kinda why I was thinking of Neoprene. Check eBay, they have everything there ! I'm going to go check out your suggestions, thanks !

Last edited by CRLAMBERTJR; 05-23-2018 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Error
Old 05-24-2018, 08:03 AM
CF Veteran

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee

Leather works best, but I guess you don't want the heat.
Failing that I'd look for fabric covers that are machine washable and hopefully easy to fit/remove.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had https://www.wetokole.com seat covers for a couple of years and love them. They're easy to wash and keep clean. Don't have a dog constantly on them so I can't address that situation, but I haven't noticed any problem with hair when friends' dogs have been along.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:29 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by CRLAMBERTJR
I have always loved the the little B&W Boston Terriers too.

Interesting that you mention that. I've had four of them over the years.

Here are my current little ladies, Moxie and Sadie:

Last edited by Tbone289; 05-24-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 298 Likes on 253 Posts
Year: '96

NEAT! One built for comfort and one for speed. LOL

I've had dogs as long as I can remember. Don't know of any fabric that will not hold hair. Dog hair or what ever. We just cover the seat their in with something. Every once in a while throw it in the dryer to remove the hair.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:23 AM
CF Veteran

LOL! That's exactly right. Moxie has the "bully" build and is the most laid-back dog ever. Sadie has more of the high-speed terrier blood and gets freaked out by everything. You can just tell by the picture, can't you?

Moxie is THE BOSS. They remind me of Chester and Spike sometimes!

Old 05-24-2018, 08:21 PM

Those two babies would be in the bed wif me ever night !!! I love when they start snorten !!! I may try the Wetokoles, but yes leather would be the best. I like leather in a car, but not in the house ! Took back a set of matching recliners once, hated them.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:27 PM
CF Veteran

You bet, they're right there with me and M'lady every night. Snort? Hell, one of Moxie's many nicknames is "trufflepig"!
Old 05-25-2018, 06:48 AM

There for awhile, we were keeping Bailey's brother! Imagine sleeping with two x hundred pounders!!! How's come there's no dog lovers threads !!! There's a dude not far from here, has an awesome built Scrambler !!! Lifted, tricked out, bead locked 35s, roll bar, big bumbers ,winch, all camouflaged!!! Just an awesome rig! Somehow he has a tool box, like a pickup truck in the back. He has a beautiful Australian Shepherd that goes everywhere with him. It jumps from the front seat to the back and stands on the tool box barking at all the cars as he drives around !!!

Last edited by CRLAMBERTJR; 05-25-2018 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Error