Old 07-20-2012, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Unhappy Dirtbound Offroad

Anyone ordered from here?

http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/

If so what was the turn around on parts being delivered after ordering?

Coming up on 3 weeks since I ordered a rear bumper and trying to decide if I got scammed. I sent an email once for an update their reply said
"There is a few bumpers in line before we build yours, as soon as we start building you will get an email and then when it ships you will get an email with tracking. "
Well I still haven't received the email stating mine has even been built. I sent another email two days ago and never got a reply.

Trying to see if this is normal or should I really be worried and see about getting a refund and taking my business elsewhere.

Thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 07:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94

This happens occasionally with them, their parts are getting popular and they relocated to a larger facility to keep up. Your not getting scammed, i'm sure it's just a backlog because of orders.

Pick up the phone if your serious about wanting some feedback.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:06 AM

If they had come back in the email and stated that I would have been a little more understanding. Even a little blurp on the website to say orders take a minimal 1 month to ship would have at least let the customer know there weren't going to get a quick turn around. I'll sit it out cause I really do like the product.

Thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 01:24 PM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

Max (owner of dirtbound) is a one-man show. He's designing, building, taking orders, marketing all on his own. He's a very stand-up guy who I've met in person multiple times and he WILL NOT let you down. I run his products on my rig, and they're amazing as are his prices. He keeps his prices down by running so lean, but that means sometimes his production times and customer service suffer because he's so friggin busy. He did just move, so give him a little time. I know communication would be better, but he's trying to crank out as much as possible instead of sitting at a computer answering e-mails. You won't be disappointed!

Also, he spends more time on NAXJA than here. If you're really concerned, sometimes a PM to him over there will get a quicker response.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door

I ordered a DIY bumper and my purchase conf stated that I would recieve an email when it shipped
Took 3 weeks to get that email and it was just a DIY kit. He's gotta weld yours
Max is probably still catching up from the move and the huge sale they had. Give him some time
But do you really think they would advertise on the site that it's going to take a long time to recieve your product? Lol

Originally Posted by 4Kevo
Even a little blurp on the website to say orders take a minimal 1 month to ship would have at least let the customer know there weren't going to get a quick turn around.
Anyway keep up the patience. I hope they expand soon they make awesome stuff for a good price

Last edited by Atmos; 07-20-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by PetrolHead
Max (owner of dirtbound) is a one-man show. He's designing, building, taking orders, marketing all on his own. He's a very stand-up guy who I've met in person multiple times and he WILL NOT let you down. I run his products on my rig, and they're amazing as are his prices. He keeps his prices down by running so lean, but that means sometimes his production times and customer service suffer because he's so friggin busy. He did just move, so give him a little time. I know communication would be better, but he's trying to crank out as much as possible instead of sitting at a computer answering e-mails. You won't be disappointed!

Also, he spends more time on NAXJA than here. If you're really concerned, sometimes a PM to him over there will get a quicker response.
Appreciate the info...I don't doubt the product reason I ordered in the first place. I'm not even all that worried about the wait just wanted to make sure I didn't just lose $500+. Guess I'll sit back and wait for the arrival and post up some pics...

Thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 03:14 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door

Yeah dont sweat it. Plenty of happy DBO customers out there. Many of which shared the same long wait you're dealing with now
Old 08-02-2012, 02:49 PM

Put in a call today for an update since I never got an email stating the bumper was being built. Order was placed a month ago tomorrow...hopefully get a call back from the voicemail I left.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2012, 04:52 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001

Ordered the Tri-Fan kit from them July 6th and it shipped the 17th. Overall I'm pleased with my experience. I'd call them again if you are concerned.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999

I ordered my grill hoop from him for my bumper, I took about 3 weeks to get to my door. But Max was in the middle of moving his shop when placed my order. He is a 1 man operation so it will take some time but it is worth the wait, I will order from him again !
Old 08-03-2012, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by fritzthekatt
Ordered the Tri-Fan kit from them July 6th and it shipped the 17th. Overall I'm pleased with my experience. I'd call them again if you are concerned.
Call again today and got voicemail once more...hopefully get some kind of response.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:29 PM

Very quick response from this last voicemail.

Bumper is cut and will be welded next week! Feeling a lot better now...
Old 08-27-2012, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by 4Kevo
Very quick response from this last voicemail.

Bumper is cut and will be welded next week! Feeling a lot better now...
Good feeling gone...

This voicemail was 3 weeks ago which stated the bumper had been cut and would be welded (should receive notification email) the next week and then shipped the following week (should received another notification email). Once again 3 weeks from this voicemail stating that and still no email notification to say if the bumper has even been welded.

Original order placed on 7/3...
Old 08-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Seasoned Member

I dont care what people say but that is WAY ****ty service and that is taking way to long. Ask for your money back.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:02 AM

I called yesterday and got automated answering system. Guess they upgraded the phone system. Said to send order inquiries to an email address which I did. Got a reply this morning that said I should receive shipping confirmation before the end of the day today.

Quick Reply: Dirtbound Offroad